May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Looks absolutely stunning.
Well done @ryan_flea you should be really proud of yourselves.
Now we have a two bed apartment coming up. If you aren't too busy nip over and throw some paint and fabric around.
;)

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Looks absolutely stunning.
Well done @ryan_flea you should be really proud of yourselves.
Now we have a two bed apartment coming up. If you aren't too busy nip over and throw some paint and fabric around.
;)
If you are potteries based then thats a maybe (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Bit late now for the OP I know, but...…

For anyone contemplating a similar project, Bedec MSP is an excellent paint - water based and easy to use - and is designed to go on a very wide variety of surfaces - MSP stands for Multi Surface Paint. Available online (https://www.promain.co.uk/multi-surface-paint-msp-1173.html)or through some decorator's merchants. Like any paint finish though, not durable enough for table tops / worktops.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What a fantastic transformation!! just shows you what can be done with a bit of flaire, hard work & determination .Enjoy you new home on wheels. :D(y)

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
What a fantastic job, we have been putting off doing exactly the same kind of refresh on our 20 year old Roadstar for the past couple of years but when we see the results of all your hard work it makes us realise that we really do need to bite the bullet and make a start, just need to wait for the management to decide on colours :).

Aug 30, 2018
South coast
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute 665
Exp
2 years
That’s a fantastic job, well done! When I saw the first pic, I thought “whyever did they go for that colour?” - glad I scrolled to the end!

Tony

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
What a fantastic job, we have been putting off doing exactly the same kind of refresh on our 20 year old Roadstar for the past couple of years but when we see the results of all your hard work it makes us realise that we really do need to bite the bullet and make a start, just need to wait for the management to decide on colours :).
Go for it, why not. Like you say bite the bullet and give it a go. Best of luck

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
Well- It's been a while, but managed to save some pennies to attempt to get a fair bit of welding to be completed.....Just the dreaded "leave it with me, and we will work out a quote" However, pleased that its now in and awaiting a venture out in the van in approx 4 weeks (everything crossed). I have it at the garage too so any tinkering has stopped and I am in need of another project!
??

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well- It's been a while, but managed to save some pennies to attempt to get a fair bit of welding to be completed.....Just the dreaded "leave it with me, and we will work out a quote" However, pleased that its now in and awaiting a venture out in the van in approx 4 weeks (everything crossed). I have it at the garage too so any tinkering has stopped and I am in need of another project!
??
Look forward to seeing you both and Phoebe out and about and enjoying your adventures.

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Absolutely fantastic work Guys and it looks fabulous.

There is a paint called Frenchic which is brilliant for these kind of make overs. Their Alfresco range is even suitable for painting the outside of your van...

OP
OP
ryan_flea
Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
Bloomin' nightmare today. Officially hate silicone -had a warped side sill and been awaiting half decent weather. Got to do the aesthetic touches in the morn if weather holds. Bloody cold though...ohh to have a garage ?‍♂️

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh bless you for asking. Appreciate that. She is going good at the mo and enough weeks out of it to start and feel the pressure release. Its great to see, I must admit xx progress made. Little steps and all that ?
That’s great to hear . Keep travelling in the van it is a wonderful way to relax!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back