Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I removed the gigantic table in my Hymer, had a table made to my specifications by Rainbow Leisure and mounted it in the Fiamma system which consists of a fixed floor mount, column and fixed mount for underneath the table. When required slot the column into the base, the table onto the column and you have a solid table in seconds.

Attachments

• 6DD4FA48-0D41-4A96-BEC6-EF9B826C285A.jpeg
    6DD4FA48-0D41-4A96-BEC6-EF9B826C285A.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 1C85910A-3CB0-43C2-807B-8771EBE9EE1E.jpeg
    1C85910A-3CB0-43C2-807B-8771EBE9EE1E.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 3AE94BA2-3733-4E6B-92FE-534767314942.jpeg
    3AE94BA2-3733-4E6B-92FE-534767314942.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
That is so cool! I take it the base stays there all the time?

Gives me the idea to do the same and have a cushioned section made to fit in the gap between the two seats and then I could watch TV. :)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
My husband repositioned the table in our N&B. Just moving the floor mount a couple of inches made a big difference when the table was out of use. It was then possible to slide it so it almost touched the cushions on the back of the sofa chair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Right, so that's just like a car then, not quite what I imagined. As I said, I'll give it a go and see what happens. I love the Alps
Although not as tall as your "Gin Palace" ;) we recently crossed the Pyrenees in our 8mtr tandem axled Hymer, on the N135 which was full of tight hairpin bends. We had no problems whatsoever either with overhang width or height, (towbar fitted). We met several 44 tonne Artics coming the other way too. I loved the challenge, but was concentrating too much to take my eyes off the road and enjoy the (apparently) breathtaking views. :(

Nice bus by the way. (y)

Safe travels, and enjoy. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

P.S. I've driven and operated several variants, of the Airfield Crash Rescue Trucks which you were a tactical driving instructor on, but for the Military. (y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
@Littlewheels is/are right taking table out transforms living area. I bit the bullet and took ours out only to find a large circular hole in the floor cut out by a previous owner. Found the exact size Zwaardvis recessed floor mounting and purchased an adjustable height pedestal. Then a marine teak table with folding flaps varnished and now have 3 alternative size of table. I also purchased another attachment for a table mount and have made a ridiculously small table to hold 4 cups or glasses and put a 2 inch border around.
Zwaardvis fitments not cheap but together with top make a lovely finish.
A few suppliers if you google including Norfolk Marine who supplied my fittings and got top I wanted from Marineteak.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Lovely

And I do think Morelo are the best. But no oven is the killer for me (that and it’s £200k more than my Frankia!)
We use the full double oven often - couldn’t imagine full timing without.
At the NEC the Morelo chap said regulations would not allow a gas oven.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
That is so cool! I take it the base stays there all the time?

Gives me the idea to do the same and have a cushioned section made to fit in the gap between the two seats and then I could watch TV. :)
Sorry for the delayed response, yes the base stays in situ, there are 2 types, one that fits flush but requires a hole in the floor and the other which I use sits on top of the floor but is not particularly high.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Lovely

And I do think Morelo are the best. But no oven is the killer for me (that and it’s £200k more than my Frankia!)

We don’t have a Morelo but ours is similar. We have a full size gas oven under the hob. I think it’s just down to personal preference which configuration you choose.

The ovens I’m not keen on are those which are at the top of a tower. Not being very tall it would mean lifting hot food out of the oven at above head height... not something I would feel happy about!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Lovely

That raises several questions:-

Was the 'Chap' a Morelo employee from Germany or a UK Dealer's Salesman?

What 'Regulations' was he relying on - German or UK?

Construction Regulations or Use Regulations?

I have a N+B Arto imported into UK with gas oven. Was it illegal when it left the Polch German factory.

Was it illegal when imported to UK

Is it illegal when I use the gas oven in the UK - or if I use it in Germany.

Did you get the 'Chap's name, and who does he work for?

I suspect it is the opposite of what Manufacturers and Dealers tell buyers about 'Payload'

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Lovely

Perhaps there was a translation issue with the word oven :whistle:

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
It was a German Morelo chap. The one with the tash seen on the video how to make a Morelo. He was adamant an oven would not be legal by German regs.
Having said that, my German Frankia has a fine oven.

Not lost in translation. I have good German and he has better English!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My husband repositioned the table in our N&B. Just moving the floor mount a couple of inches made a big difference when the table was out of use. It was then possible to slide it so it almost touched the cushions on the back of the sofa chair.
Have you got some pictures, this is the main issue I have with our Flair, I have looked at several options but never considered moving the base position!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It was a German Morelo chap. The one with the tash seen on the video how to make a Morelo. He was adamant an oven would not be legal by German regs.

That's Andreas the International Sales Director, very knowledgable guy, we had a debate on the oven thing, it is a word that does not translate too well but we finally got there. The oven, which is simply described by them as a grill, has 2 burners the grill and the back bottom burner for the oven part, selectable, not that you could get a Christmas turkey in there. That was on 2 Morelos we saw.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Michael, We recently sold the vehicle so I can’t show any photos. I seem to remember he lifted the sleeve covering the base, removed the fixings, drilled new holes and moved it across. When he comes in i’ll Ask him for more info.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael, We recently sold the vehicle so I can’t show any photos. I seem to remember he lifted the sleeve covering the base, removed the fixings, drilled new holes and moved it across. When he comes in i’ll Ask him for more info.
Great thanks, we are out to the Morelo Factory Monday week to make a decision, but will have the Flair for another year if we do take the plunge in any event so a solution like this might be a good one, just do not want to see screw holes!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

I don’t think that can be correct as we have a full oven in our Concorde which was factory fitted.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That's Andreas the International Sales Director, very knowledgable guy, we had a debate on the oven thing, it is a word that does not translate too well but we finally got there. The oven, which is simply described by them as a grill, has 2 burners the grill and the back bottom burner for the oven part, selectable, not that you could get a Christmas turkey in there. That was on 2 Morelos we saw.[/QUOTE]

That is what we have and we can roast a chicken in there - on an electric spit if we wish, so I call that an oven.

Did Andreas describe what he thinks is an oven?

Is it perhaps that he is thinking of a wood-burning 'oven' like one sees outside houses in the Med and used for making bread or pizzas? If so i can imagine some countries might ban those in a MH.

Geoff

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Did not pursue it, just pleased to get a clear understanding of what was fitted, both visually and verbally!! And Sally switched the knob from one to the other so it passed!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great thanks, we are out to the Morelo Factory Monday week to make a decision, but will have the Flair for another year if we do take the plunge in any event so a solution like this might be a good one, just do not want to see screw holes!
Have a drive in a Eurocargo chassis Palce for me Michael(y) let me know what you think.

Have fun.

Martin

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Mr Trucky has 3 gas, one electric hob, an upper and large lower gas oven and a microwave. You can get a Xmas turkey in (we had to a couple of years back when the aga had a dippy fit.)

If I remember right, it was the oven that made us buy the Frankia over the fancy hymer at the time.

Not that I’m taking anything away from Morelo. A lottery win would put one on my drive. I’m impressed with how the forward drivers seat gives a good 1m internal extra length.

One was in Solden 2 weeks ago. Slide out and mini in garage. 11.5 t. A snip at 450,000. Owner was a hoot. Had no idea how it would drive in Snow as he’d arrived before the snow had.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Don’t know if it’s the same fitting but on our 2011 Flair it was a fiddle getting theTable fitting out, there is a large steel plate on the underside in a locker that has to be unscrewed also and if your not slim it is a struggle,however,I managed 15stone.
The screw holes did show above but we us ed a rather smart rug to hide them.
On our current Concorde it was a much simpler job 6 screws which we used to reposition a small round table between the front seats for dining.
If we have company we bring the table used outside in, not that smart but does the job for a meal.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi Michael, I've just asked my husband how he repositioned the table.

The vehicle we had was an Arto 83 - there were underfloor storage compartments which enabled him to access the fittings. I imagine with the Flair you might not have underfloor storage accessed from inside the vehicle?

He removed the table top first as it was extremely heavy then did as I described earlier. It does leave holes but you can either fill or put countersunk bolts back through the redundant holes and colour match The circular skirt covered the other holes. It moved it by 100mm which made a big difference and was still useable from the bench seat on the opposite side.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael, I've just asked my husband how he repositioned the table.

The vehicle we had was an Arto 83 - there were underfloor storage compartments which enabled him to access the fittings. I imagine with the Flair you might not have underfloor storage accessed from inside the vehicle?

He removed the table top first as it was extremely heavy then did as I described earlier. It does leave holes but you can either fill or put countersunk bolts back through the redundant holes and colour match The circular skirt covered the other holes. It moved it by 100mm which made a big difference and was still useable from the bench seat on the opposite side.
Thanks, I have been down looking this morning whilst doing a maintenance on the Remis blinds and I can see that it is possible, my alternative was to have the laminate tops remodelled by taking a skim from each surface and refitting dowel spigots and their mates but this gives another option.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Have a drive in a Eurocargo chassis Palce for me Michael(y) let me know what you think.

Have fun.

Martin
All set up for a drive, on the 10ton chassis, with it you get goodies like adaptive cruise control, Air brakes with a Jake, glass windows instead of plastic, lane control, chassis based air suspension, and other truck things that you simply cannot have on a 7.7 tonner. However a lot of money extra to get a slide out and them. Got some good deals from German dealers too, Premium proving a waste of space once again so far.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
All set up for a drive, on the 10ton chassis, with it you get goodies like adaptive cruise control, Air brakes with a Jake, glass windows instead of plastic, lane control, chassis based air suspension, and other truck things that you simply cannot have on a 7.7 tonner. However a lot of money extra to get a slide out and them. Got some good deals from German dealers too, Premium proving a waste of space once again so far.
We are staying under 7500kg Palace 80H on Eurocargo looks a good package but don’t know if drives and better/different to Daily chassis.

Martin

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The eurocargo will be a truck working at lower level of its capabilities whereas the Daily was more vansize components working at the upper end. It used to be that ride was better on the daily but with full air the heavier vehicle will be very little different . JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back