OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Wow, €316,000, I am off to join the dole wallers forum, bye everyone. I dropped a pound coin last week and it rolled down a drain, Caz says I have woken up 3 times in the night since then, sweating.

From a jealous as hell Paul, you lucky swine.

Don't be jealous Paul; it's not better, it's just different!

And of course, that price I quoted was the "ticket price" and as with all things when you negotiate your deal, we were able to achieve a good discount.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I think if you crank the ride height up and stick to the main routes you should be fine. The inside of hairpins can be ridiculously steep but the standard technique is to check there is nobody coming in the other direction and swing out wide. This what the trucks and buses do, its almost expected.
I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of it. The wing mirrors cost about £2K so they make sure you drive carefully. :)
By main road I mean like the one in the photo below. There were a few hairpins but I'm sure they were negotiable with a bit of a run up. There's only one way to find out. :)

View attachment 209579

Thats, some great advice from a proven expert no doubt. I am right up for such a trip but Evelyne is, shall we say, less keen!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Please put some pictures of the inside on.
Its huge , I bet it’s like a bungalow on wheels .

Whilst I’d never , ever want to full time , I bet you could spend months away in that , very very comfortably.

I get that full timing isn't for everyone. We are going on a journey to discover somewhere to stay & live for the rest of our lives; and that is really exciting. Once we find somewhere to buy abroad, we will sell our properties in the UK and move to our new home and then sell the MH, what could possibly go wrong? :)

There are plenty of internal photos (taken by the dealer) on our website/blog site at www.ourmorelolife.com - go to the Adventure Gallery section. As we have made it our own since then, I will post some newer images of how we have modified / personalised it.

See you on the road :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Our experience of difficulties with our N+B Arto on a FIAT chassis have been on very minor roads with sharp hairpins and even using the outside of the bend we have grounded - the towbar not the bodywork. We could remove the towbar because we do not tow, but I like it as an early warning system.

We have also grounded coming off small ferries in Scotland.

Our groundings have been scrapes - maybe more noise than real grounding, but at least I know it transfers any slight load to the chassis.

If one sticks to main routes in the mountains there should be no problem, but we like to get off the beaten track and then one can encounter problems - so far we have only had to turn round twice, but we are only 7m long with about 1.75m overhang.

Geoff

Good advice there thanks. Our Alpine Truck SAT-NAV has all our dimensions set into it so when we plot a destination, it will always avoid routes where large vehicles may encounter problems (but seeing how many trucks have hit the small railway bridge along the road from me, it is either not perfect or not switched on)!

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Good advice there thanks. Our Alpine Truck SAT-NAV has all our dimensions set into it so when we plot a destination, it will always avoid routes where large vehicles may encounter problems (but seeing how many trucks have hit the small railway bridge along the road from me, it is either not perfect or not switched on)!

Correct me but I doubt whether any Satnav can set ground clearance for an overhang as it depends not only on te vehicle dimensions but also on the change of gradient/slope both longitudinal and transverse - I do not know of any mapping database that has that info.

Grounding is the only problem we have had, not the other dimensions.

Geoff

Last edited:

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Lovely Motorhome I'm sure you will be more than happy with your MORELO. We have had ours 4 months now and very happy with it. The team are very good and have dealt with the small amount of issues effectively. Main issue we had was noise from the electric front windows. When travelling in windy conditions they would whistle like made. UK Dealer was not much good so MORELO paid our costs back to factory and both windows were replaced. Met both the owners who were very pleasant and helpful and the technical team were a delight to deal with.
Wishing you many happy miles.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
the thing I do is look for bus stop signs , as anywhere a bus can go I find is not a problem for the RV , and its surprising buses go most places :) Width over the mirrors is my biggest concern . The other thing is I dont try and squeeze thru , I either "command" the road , or stop and let the other vehicle decide how brave it wants to be , also always have headlights on , and the bull bar makes the front look even bigger than it is , its all worked fine so far (y)

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I’m liking your approach and something both my wife and I are working towards later on in our chapter.

Great start to your blog and look forward to reading more adventures as and when posted(y)

Thanks for your kind words Hellski (where does that name come from)?

To be honest, I no longer recognise the UK as a place where I want to be for much longer. Hence the move to somewhere warmer at least at the start.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Lovely Motorhome I'm sure you will be more than happy with your MORELO. We have had ours 4 months now and very happy with it. The team are very good and have dealt with the small amount of issues effectively. Main issue we had was noise from the electric front windows. When travelling in windy conditions they would whistle like made. UK Dealer was not much good so MORELO paid our costs back to factory and both windows were replaced. Met both the owners who were very pleasant and helpful and the technical team were a delight to deal with.

Hey fellow Morelo owner; there are few of about that's for sure; we need top stick together I reckon.

I actually need a new door, I found a howling gale through a 5mm gap where the seal doesn't well, seal I suppose. Morelo offered me the choice of either returning to the factory to have it changed, sending me the door to fit myself (I could do it but hey, what the hell, it's a warranty repair) or, drive up to Yorkshire to have Premium do it for me. I have selected that option but it still means I have to spend 3 days travelling and waiting for the repairs to be completed. What do you reckon?

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Well, you may like to hear this story. When we went to collect this Morelo, we spoke to the PA of the MD of the dealer (she spoke great english). She said they had just bought a Morelo back that they sold two years previously and for for the same money as the owner had paid for it new. Now, I'm not saying there is no depreciation but, if you consider the rate that the price of these MH's are increasing, it is almost as fast as the rate of depreciation.

It's about supply and demand. You have to wait 12 months to have one built to your own spec and not everyone is prepared to wait that long. Second hand values are really high. The UK market for motorhomes is said to have increased 26% last year so there are plenty of people out there looking (look at the rate of growth on this site). Morelo's really hold their value if you keep them nice (and I will). I do accept that a motorhome with a ticket price of €316,000 is a great deal of cash to spend but we have absolutely every conceivable extra on ours (except the in-built vacuum cleaning system and central locking on the locker doors (which I really wanted but just couldn't find one pre-built with everything we wanted)).

I hope your theory is right, however I very much doubt it, but agree Morelos' are in demand.
Don't worry about the lack of in built vacuum cleaner. We have it and never use it. It does not have the suction of out hand held Dyson and a pain to empty the collection container as I have other things in the locker around it.
Did you go for the Lithium Mastervolt package? It's an extremely expensive option at almost €12000 but the lithium cell is excellent. Far better than I ever imagined. I did think of having a second cell at time of ordering but Morelo were insistent that I would not need need it, and they were right. You can discharge down to 5% and recharges in around 2 hours.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Correct me but I doubt whether any Satnav can set ground clearance for an overhang as it depends not only on te vehicle dimensions but also on the change of gradient/slope both longitudinal and transverse - I do not know of any mapping database that has that info.

Grounding is the only problem we have had not the other dimensions.

Geoff
Hey Geoff, I'm not long enough in the tooth to correct anyone on here.

I do know our SATNAV doesn't take us on small roads and we get alerts if we deviate from the route. Of course, the person behind the wheel makes all the tough decisions not the computer. Go wherever you like, if you can is my view. I'd be happy to turn the SAT NAV off. As an ex-tactical HGV driving instructor for airport crash rescue drivers, I have had a few scary moments in my time and in some pretty big centre-drive trucks.

The higher, Meier modified Iveco chassis and the adjustable full air-ride will help a lot over a Fiat or unmodified chassis I'm sure.

All I can do is try it out, be aware of the terrain/ route on which I'm driving and make sure that I have alternative options should I need them. I reckon I've got this. I'll let you know too :D

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017

Thanks, I did look at buying your one if it was at Premium MH's, they also had one with a slide-out which I wanted but someone else beat me to it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thats, some great advice from a proven expert no doubt. I am right up for such a trip but Evelyne is, shall we say, less keen!
I've given that a :) as my only expertise of mountain passes is doing them in our little 'van. :)

329.jpg

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Right, so that's just like a car then, not quite what I imagined. As I said, I'll give it a go and see what happens. I love the Alps

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
The other thing is I dont try and squeeze thru , I either "command" the road , or stop and let the other vehicle decide how brave it wants to be , also always have headlights on , and the bull bar makes the front look even bigger than it is , its all worked fine so far (y)

This is Good guidance,however,I’m slightly confused! Is it a Bull Bar you have or a Bully Bar:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Right, so that's just like a car then, not quite what I imagined. As I said, I'll give it a go and see what happens. I love the Alps
If there are ski resorts up there then the coaches will go up and so will you ...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
But no matter how big your MH there is always something bigger coming the other way. :)
And needs all the road. This was in southern Italy.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If there are ski resorts up there then the coaches will go up and so will you ...
Exactly. This is a boringly long video but if you wind it forward to just past the middle you should see me chasing the big bus up the hill. :)

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I hope your theory is right, however I very much doubt it, but agree Morelos' are in demand.
Don't worry about the lack of in built vacuum cleaner. We have it and never use it. It does not have the suction of out hand held Dyson and a pain to empty the collection container as I have other things in the locker around it.
Did you go for the Lithium Mastervolt package? It's an extremely expensive option at almost €12000 but the lithium cell is excellent. Far better than I ever imagined. I did think of having a second cell at time of ordering but Morelo were insistent that I would not need need it, and they were right. You can discharge down to 5% and recharges in around 2 hours.

Yes we do have the single cell lithium Mastervolt package but I can't honestly comment as we have always been connected to the mains power so far. I've never seen it in action, yet. Maybe I should disconnect from the mains and let the Mastervolt system do its thing for a while to give the battery a bit of exercise :LOL:

What Dyson did you get?

jimcunliffe

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Bacup,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
21/2 years
Hi,
We are about to join the "Morelo club" we are collecting our Home from the factory on February 13th.
We will be checking the Windows and door very carefully now!!
Have you had many niggly bits go wrong ?
Jim & Julie

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I do have a couple of issues that are currently being addressed.

My electronic door access code system keeps losing it's memory (I know, a bit like me) so we have to use the emergency access process (dealer will show you how to do this). This system will be replaced when the door is replaced.

I don't like the way the spare wheel is attached to the chassis underneath at the rear and it could be so easily stolen just using a spanner. I have fitted a security chain and Abloy boron padlock to secure mine to the chassis; worth considering for everyone I suppose. My ex-wife had the spare wheel of her Range Rover Sport stolen from underneath the back three times.

My windows are fine; no noise through them.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Have you considered removing the Table? Many do and it really transforms the Living Space.

We now have a small removable one for Dining between the front seats and works so much better.

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Actually, I really like the table.

Although watching TV in such a space is not easy as you can't really "kick back" in any way and I hate watching TV in bed.
I have installed a PC behind the controls panel (above the door) and fed the HDMI from it into the drop-down TV so it's now like a PC monitor so I can work online at the table.

I might actually take the table out this weekend just to see what it looks like; nice idea, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back