RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There must be more dogs just wating to post on here says our Rolo. And he wants to know if he has any Labby freinds out there.:thumb:

Link Removed

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Our Shauna a Westie who navigates from the passenger seat ( safely belted in ) says that all sites should be classified by number of rabbits and also available sniffing smells in the location.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
It would be interesting to find out what percentage of our members have dogs - and the stories and tips associated with taking your pets with you.

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
We take our little old adopted terrier with us (Minnow) and have just posted a new thread asking about little enclosure fencing suitable to put up at campsites around the m/h - to give her a bit of freedom outside.

Here at home she is more or less a freerange dog - bearing in mind we live a mile and a quarter off any road and have fields all around us - so she prefers being outside when we are parked up.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have a Llasso Apso (still can't spell it and she's reached ten years old:Doh:) and she loves to come with me in the van. However, for some reason when away I have to keep her on leash when outside the van (not when walking) because she gets carried away with all the exciting smells and wanders off ..... and doesn't have a clue when it comes to sense of direction.... in fact ... a bit like her mum:Blush:

Favourite driving postition is front passenger seat watching where she is going (belted on) and loves to look down on the cars next to us at traffic lights.

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 15
  • sashacute.jpg
    sashacute.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 11

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
my greyhound Chatter (she is on the pic in my avatar) likes nothing better than to chill and people/dog watch on site, and if other dogs/people want to come over and say hi she is happy to say hi back.
Another thing have you all noticed how they just know when you are nearly at your destination, even if you dont say anything - they can be lay down but suddenly ears pricked and sat up they just know they have arrived

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Pluto

I am in the lucky position to not only have lovely owners but a good friend who lives nearby. When they are at work and away (like this weekend) he looks after me like I'm his own dog.
Sadly, I'm a failed gun dog, Spaniel, as I am missing a few brain cells but I don't bark and am very fit at 2 yrs old.
My problem was that I lost interest when I couldn't find the kill and so my previous owner was going to send me to the dog pound in the sky. Luckily I was spared that event!
Sadly my friends wife won't let me accompany them on trips (She says I smell) so sadly won't meet any of you.
But I'm still hoping!!
PS What a stupid name for a so called gun dog!!!!:Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Pluto, how dare they!!!! :Eeek: I hope you let them know in no uncertain way with your nose prodding that it is THEY, the humans, that smell. We dogs don't half put up with some flak don't we.:Angry:

Sasha - Llasso Apso

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
Hi I,m Samson (the one with the ears in the avatar) and my sister is Bonnie, I'm a Boerboel, and shes a Staffy, she is very well behaved and just sits in the back of the motorhome, well she is 10 after all, I love to look out of the window and sometimes I like to try and drive, well I am only 8 months old after all :Smile:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
My Mate

My mate, Geoff has just fed me and wrapped me in my fleece for the night as I sleep out doors in a kennel and it's a bit nippy tonight.
He said he'd take me up on Princetown on Dartmoor on Wednesday as long as his wiffi doesn't have other plans.
Wish he'd adopt me but will have to work on that one!!!:Eeek:

Gosh I'm so lucky!:thumb:

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
There must be more dogs just wating to post on here says our Rolo. And he wants to know if he has any Labby freinds out there.:thumb:

Link Removed
Yes, he has one black beauty here called Ellie :thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Sadly my friends wife won't let me accompany them on trips (She says I smell) so sadly won't meet any of you.
But I'm still hoping!!

That is so sad, I know female humans have a better sense of smell than male humans but does she even try to imagine what it is like for a dog, every one of which can smell at least a thousand times more than any human can (Ten thousand if you're a bloodhound!!)

I hope your friend can persuade his wife to think again and walk a mile in your paws before being so discriminatory. Anyway, I like the smell of my dogs.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Llasso Apso (still can't spell it and she's reached ten years old:Doh:) and she loves to come with me in the van.

OK....I defy anyone to look at those pictures and not go "AAAAAAAHHHHH" :Smile:. That's gotta be 11/10 on the cuteness scale.

Favourite driving postition is front passenger seat watching where she is going (belted on) and loves to look down on the cars next to us at traffic lights.
Does she wave to fellow MHers? ::bigsmile:

Because if she does, that'll be 100% more response than I've had from the people in the vans I've greeted recently :Sad:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Neil, I agree. Lately I have been feeling a bit stupid .... no-one seems to respond. Anyway, as I said before ..... about my daughter ....::bigsmile:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Link Removed
that's me on the right My kennel mate Bear in on the left She is a retired gun dog Wish I'd been better at finding things

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Don't fret Pluto I'm a collie and frightened of sheep!!!! I like playing ball though and pestering my sisters Jess and Pip. I drive my owners nuts wanting to play every minute of the day. But they think I'm so cute they give in a lot of the time, He He He:ROFLMAO:. I'm a bit bigger than this now though as I'm now 13 months old.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
sisters

How about you,me and your sisters getting together some time for some fun!!:Eeek:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
charming

My charm must be working!! I stay very quiet and do what I'm told when I visit my friends Geoff & Hilary and guess what?? She said that if I get washed and trimmed she MIGHT ask if I can go to Padstow in June for a few days in their M/H WHOOPPPEE

:thumb:

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hi All

Here's our Lab, Poppy ( with my equally mad 10 yr old lad, Ben ! ) last Christmas.:Eeek:

Had her since 9 weeks old, now nearly eight, typicaly loyal but dopey black Lab. She is our second (my 3rd, had a golden Labby called Honey as a wee lad! ) but will be our last as they do tie you down ( having to get someone to dog-sit etc ) and I am now just as happy stroking someone else's Labby!

Still the best bread of dog's bar none !!!! :Doh: :ROFLMAO:

dog.jpg

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
I'm up for some fun, I'm Blue by the way, but Jess is getting on in years (13) so sleeps most of the time unless I plague her and she can give quite a nip when she's had enough. Pip is Mouse Mad. Typical terrier has a mind of her own but does like to have agme of tug-of-war every now and again. So I guess it might just be us lads out on the town We have plenty of rabbits in our fields if you like chasing them.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Bear

I'll bring my kennel mate Bear (she keeps me warm at night when we cuddle up in our kennel) she is 14 & a bit deaf but still up for it>

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
I'm still in the house at night but will soon be put out in the shed with the other 2. Mind you it's huge and if my Dad forgets to shut the tractor door I can sit on the seat and pretend I'm driving! There's also lots of other things to sniff and I have been known to ransack Jess's bed sometimes! I'm in the cathouse after doing that!!!

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
Here's a picture of me and Pip. I sometimes let the humans sit on the chairs. Sorry Pips got on twice Poser that she is. When my Humans first got me I was only 4 weeks old and could walk under Pip now she can walk under me with room to spare! Must have been all the goats milk and ready brek I was fed along with some boiled egg in the morning for breakfast! Oh and of course this being Ireland, lots of spuds!!

Attachments

• 112_6388.jpg
    112_6388.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 10
  • Pip.jpg
    Pip.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 7
  • nothing like comfort is there.jpg
    nothing like comfort is there.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 13

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Link Removed

My name is Poppy I am a Labx rescue dog and I sometimes let my humans sit on the chairs the only thing I care about is FOOOOOODDDDDD

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link RemovedHello, we are Charleen, Bart and Jack aged 5,3and2. We all came from a rescue centre. We are very lucky cos our owners always take us on holiday with them and we love it, and so do they!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back