Our intro to ourselves. (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2016
Romney Marsh in Kent
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi to one and all,
The reason we call ourselves the Desert Ramblers is we had two wonderful long trips to Morocco. As old timers we have now been to nearly every country in Europe, all very lovely and well worth our time spent in each one. Morocco however stands at the top for us. Thanks to the C&CC for our first visit, they gave us a perfect introduction to that wonderful country and amazingly warm and welcoming people. We feel more safe there than many countries in Europe. If you love driving and adventure why not give it a try.
After owning many vans since 1987 we are now getting the hang of this truly wonderful pastime but are still more than happy to learn something new.
After all these years and our camping started as Scout/Guide in 1960 ( O dear that gives our age away) does anyone agree maybe our vans are now too complex. I say that because our very first van an old second hand poptop Bedford, had the basic camping essentials and we had as much enjoyment with her as our very latest van that has more luxuries than we have in doors. Perhaps that's not quite true but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. I will not even go down the road of the cost of many new vans
that we are told by the dealers and so called experts are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Many of these so called experts have never spent a weekend in one and know it all.
I must say we are enjoying reading some of the many contributions and would say to all who are contemplating taking up motorhoming just go and do it.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi guys, welcome to MotorhomeFun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
does anyone agree maybe our vans are now too complex.

we are told by the dealers and so called experts are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Many of these so called experts have never spent a weekend in one and know it all.

You seem well in tune with most folk on here. A lot of the complexities that blight our lives are forced on us by the EU. Other blights come from the deplorable excuse for quality control during production, expecting the dealer and unfortunate punter to finish off the vans. But you will know this.

Here lies Morocco's biggest fanbase. Many are heading that way now either mentally or physically right now, I'm afraid a couple of visits to Morocco puts you in the beginners category. Plenty of time to join the January exodus.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
D
Dec 5, 2016
Romney Marsh in Kent
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Not good with these computer things but will try to give it a good try. Slowly finding our way around the site, being out in the truck much easier. Amazing info and chat to much to take in.
Well Morocco, yes l guess we are beginners having looked on here. we had a total time of just over three months and only came across a couple of other brits in campers but plenty of Off Roaders.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back