Our holidays begins... (1 Viewer)

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Well, next wednesday we arrive to Portsmouth. We are going to overnight at Winchester and on thursday we'll arrive to Abbey Wood Campsite. Be patient if you find a spanish motorhome on the road...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
thank you and perhaps... see you later...:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Make sure you bring plenty sun cream. I think it was hotter here than over there this weekend . Have a great Holiday.
Bev:Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we'll arrive to Abbey Wood Campsite.

Don't be put off when you see it - you might think it's a prison, but it's not, they are just taking good care of you and your possessions. It's an excellent site for doing London. About a 1km walk and a cheap all day train ticket and London is yours.

Do ask if you want any help on other attractions. You will be driving by the Thames, all England's history is along there. Windsor, Henley, Runnymede, Hampton Court to name the few I've enjoyed.

Thank you for coming, we need the money !! So we can come to Spain and spend it keeping warm in the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
Don't be put off when you see it - you might think it's a prison, but it's not, they are just taking good care of you and your possessions. It's an excellent site for doing London. About a 1km walk and a cheap all day train ticket and London is yours.

Do ask if you want any help on other attractions. You will be driving by the Thames, all England's history is along there. Windsor, Henley, Runnymede, Hampton Court to name the few I've enjoyed.

Thank you for coming, we need the money !! So we can come to Spain and spend it keeping warm in the winter.

Thank you very much, Windsor , Eton and Hampton Court are some of the place we want to visit.

What do you think about Oxford and Cambridge? I mean , we don't know if we are going to go by train, by motorhome or rent a car.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What do you think about Oxford and Cambridge? I mean , we don't know if we are going to go by train, by motorhome or rent a car.

The only thing that comes to mind is congestion. Almost certainly there will be a "park and ride" on the outskirts.

You clearly don't know Brit train fares, it's often like buying the train not just travelling on it. We've just been to Italy and public transport is joy there, cheap and regular. No such thing in the UK. The tourists' off peak tube offer in London is a rare bargain.

Let's hope someone with local knowledge can fill you in on these destinations.

If you have any liking for aircraft, not far from Cambridge is The Imperial War Museum, Duxford. One of the best collections of aircraft in the world.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hope you have an enjoyable stay in the UK, sorry there will be some very glum faces when you arrive but thats normal ::bigsmile:

Hilldweller your comments are so funny I just have to chuckle:thumb:

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
Hi Link Removed,

If you are going to venture further north , take in Avebury Circle which is Europes largest stone age world heritage monument, much better then Stone Henge http://www.tonyhowell.co.uk/new/avebury.htm which is free to look at, however there are museums that charge an entrance fee.

A little further north is Warwickshire castle, Europes best preserved medievil castle, which is an amazing experience Link Removed and is a few miles from stratford Upon avon (shakespear's birthplace)

Tell us what interests you, and we will be able to advise what places to visit.

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi
Only live about 5 miles from there.Hampton court is lovely day out by boat from westminser .If you need help give us a shout.
RAY and CLAIRE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back