Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
As those at the Essex meet heard, we had headlight problems and lost all the headlights at one point on our journey to Waldegraves.

Our car was due for MOT today and the nearest council MOT station has closed down so I hunted for another one

Im really pleased I have found a council MOT station that also does repairs and I must admit I am extremely impressed. The MOT on the car was extremely thorough and we were able to watch from start to finish. They were able to rectify the few small faults immediately for us removing any necessity to take the vehicle away and return at a later date.

We were so impressed we asked if they would look at the motorhome.

All the work required was completed in an hour.

It appears that when the headlights were stolen and the garage put the new ones they didnt wire them up properly.

We were told that the new headlights had been wrongly wired up which had caused an electrical fault and blown a fuse.

All the work was completed in just over an hour and we were not overcharged, coming home just £55 lighter.

The Council have kindly confirmed this in writing so I am just about to email the insurance company and get them to reimburse us.

So if anyone local to us wants a recommendation use the London Borough of Redbridge MOT station at Ley Street in Ilford.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Great stuff.
Glad its all sorted now!::bigsmile:

See you soon, S.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
nice one :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I am glad you got sorted and fixed up with a satisfactory repair.

I will tell you a funny little story re headlights, I bought a trailer for the smart car so we could take it to France, Some of the rear lights were a little hit and miss, so I got to fixing them and blew the side light fuses on the MH found the fuse box and replaced with a spare fuse from the side of the fuse box, when I moved it a couple of nights later the headlights would not work so being under warranty I took it to Fiat, left it with them to fix ,when they told me it was ready to pick up I went down to the dealers and had to look very surprised when they told me all that was wrong with it was the FUSE was missing.:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh: naturally I didn't know anything about it:Blush::Blush::Blush: Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back