Our Greek Adventure 2019

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Right then Robert Clark !

I'm doing my best here to buy a yacht (hopefully will buy the one we saw today) and then sell the van (no! can't keep both). Your Greece Threads just make us want to do Greece next!

S'pose we could always sail there but it'll take a few weeks :rolleyes:
Or you could buy a yacht in Greece and sail it back 🤔
After spending a few seasons exploring Greece of course!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
Robert Clark

Robert Clark

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 78F
Exp
Since June 2014 - learning something new all the time
While you are in Central Greece are you going to walk up Mount Olympus on this trip?
It's a nice walk.:D2
Just checked on Google Maps and it’s miles away from our present itinerary

We’re looking to do the east coast and the south east peninsula which we missed going to last September because of the hurricane

D16F3984-341A-41AA-A545-CB1FDA1CD95A.jpeg

OP
Robert Clark

Robert Clark

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto 78F
Exp
Since June 2014 - learning something new all the time
Just as a matter of interest how do you get on with the language there? Is English widely spoken?
English is widely understood and and menus are always printed in English (though sometimes a poor translation)
Italian is very widely spoken
So in an emergency I speak to them in Spanish, which always works (sometimes)

Either way we always have fun

Oct 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hymer Ayers Rock
Exp
Very little
Loving this thread, its giving me ideas, the only slight fly in the ointment would be travelling with 2 dogs in a very small van, but I feel that we could overcome that :)

May 29, 2012
Funster No
MH
A floating one :)
Exp
Since 2013
Or you could buy a yacht in Greece and sail it back 🤔
After spending a few seasons exploring Greece of course!
A cunning plan indeed! However there are only 67 of the type we want ever made so the chance of that happening is just about zero o_O

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Please keep the pictures coming. I'm following you on Google maps and saving all these great wild camping stops. I hope you enjoyed your lunch. It looked yum ! Have you tried any reed wine, I was told the red wine in Greece was crap and now I suspect that is not the case at all.
No it"s not. Look out for Nemea reds.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
The red wine tended to taste better after the first couple of jugs
It always does! Better to buy bottles of halfway decent stuff, in my experience. Life's too short to drink poor wine. And, let's be honest, holiday goggles off, taverna carafe wine is not what you would choose at home.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
AS this is a Greek thread and some who are following have been before, I thought I would share some thoughts I have about the trip we are planning for Greece next year and seek your advice.

I'm getting well into my planing now for our visit and have a bit of a dilemma ? Brexit ! If we are out before next April without a deal, we will be restricted to 90 days in any 180 days travel in the E.U. If this is the case, I estimate 1 week to get to Greece 8 weeks in Greece and 3 weeks to get home via Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Austria & Germany. Thing is, I'm certain we will want to spend at least 6 weeks travelling up through these countries as there are some must see places we would want to visit and 3 weeks is not really doable. This would mean only 4-5 weeks in Greece and I don't think this is anywhere near long enough. So! I'm now thinking of return ferry from Italy and 10 weeks in Greece, of which a few weeks in Crete ? Then do a separate trip to cover the other countries. So my question for you is this. Is 10 weeks in Greece too long. ? Some of you have done it so would welcome your advice.

Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
AS this is a Greek thread and some who are following have been before, I thought I would share some thoughts I have about the trip we are planning for Greece next year and seek your advice.

I'm getting well into my planing now for our visit and have a bit of a dilemma ? Brexit ! If we are out before next April without a deal, we will be restricted to 90 days in any 180 days travel in the E.U. If this is the case, I estimate 1 week to get to Greece 8 weeks in Greece and 3 weeks to get home via Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, Austria & Germany. Thing is, I'm certain we will want to spend at least 6 weeks travelling up through these countries as there are some must see places we would want to visit and 3 weeks is not really doable. This would mean only 4-5 weeks in Greece and I don't think this is anywhere near long enough. So! I'm now thinking of return ferry from Italy and 10 weeks in Greece, of which a few weeks in Crete ? Then do a separate trip to cover the other countries. So my question for you is this. Is 10 weeks in Greece too long. ? Some of you have done it so would welcome your advice.
Sounds like a great plan if Boris makes the new pm anything could happen so just go for it!!😂

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As long as my insurance was still valid I would overstay and be dammed. Who is going to be checking whether you have overstayed?
I'm not sure how it would work but suspect upon leaving the E.U. our passports would be checked and if we had overstayed our visa then some form of penalty would be forthcoming, perhaps a fine ? I also expect my insurance would be invalid at the point I exceed my legal right to be in a E.U. country. I'm guessing here so will have to wait and see. However, I have no intention of not complying with any new regulations that are introduced as a result of the Brexit outcome.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers