Our first trip completed and not one Funster seen (1 Viewer)

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
IMG_0346.JPG
We returned home today after our first ever trip in our motorhome, 5 weeks, 3k ish miles 12 sites, 6 Aires, numerous wild camping spots through France and all the way along the south coast of Spain to Marbella and back. Didn't spot a single Funster sticker or get a single wave from anyone! Miserable down there lol

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Well we are a very select band of brothers (and sisters) you know. Wouldn't want to wave at just any old rattly,rusty,leaking,broken down old hulk like that one,hahahahaha.
Looks bxxxxy fantastic,I expect others were too busy picking up
their jaw from the floor to have time to wave. Nice One!
:D;)

OP
OP
BMM

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Looks big in that picture, it's only 10 meters long

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Didn't other bus drivers wave at you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: BMM
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well we've been members since 2009 and only ever seen 1 funster sticker in a van on our many travels . Unless of course we're on a funster rally .
But think on there's thousands of motorhomers out there .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've been a funster since it first began in 2007........and I've NEVER knowingly seen another funster on the road or on a site other than at show meets.
10years in the 'desert' is a long time.

OP
OP
BMM

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
France was full of British motorhomes, not many down in Spain more rusty old caravans down there with families living in them lol (la Manga)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Be careful what you wish for, once on an Aire I spotted a Funster sticker so went and said hello turned out the sticker was on the van when they bought it, spent the next half an hour trying to get away from the most boring couple I've ever met. There again in this country on a small site saw a sticker and met the most delightful @maz.

OP
OP
BMM

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Be careful what you wish for, once on an Aire I spotted a Funster sticker so went and said hello turned out the sticker was on the van when they bought it, spent the next half an hour trying to get away from the most boring couple I've ever met. There again in this country on a small site saw a sticker and met the most delightful @maz.
My son (5) spent ages looking for other Funster stickers and was really disappointed he didn't spot any, I did find my fair share of boring caravaners or checkered table cloth club members as I call them, almost most all of them started the conversation with "I bet that doesn't do many miles to the gallon or I bet you find it hard getting into sites" what a boring bunch lol

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've never seen another sticker on the road.

Met a few in various aires and car parks but that's it.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Only ever spotted one funsters van....covered with smiley faces. We were in our CAR in a traffic jam, they were beside and slightly behind us. Waved at them like some one demented. Got a wave but never discovered who they were. You are not alone. As for waving. Some do, some don't. Me, I wave....horse boxes, ice cream vans, Tescos, all get a wave from me. :france::rofl::welcome4::hiya::hi2:

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
View attachment 182155 We returned home today after our first ever trip in our motorhome, 5 weeks, 3k ish miles 12 sites, 6 Aires, numerous wild camping spots through France and all the way along the south coast of Spain to Marbella and back. Didn't spot a single Funster sticker or get a single wave from anyone! Miserable down there lol
We have done the nth coast 2 weeks ago 99% MOTORHOMES waved to us.nice van

Reactions: Pia
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi David,sorry you found us the most boring couple you've ever met. Well,you were so keen on Motorhome Fun that soon after we met you,we joined up,and never looked back.
We are still boring though probably. Sorry about that.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
First night out (ever) and met two funsters In Honfleur. Met another in Dol de Bretagne two nights ago. I don't have a sticker yet so you wouldn't know!

Even been waved at by French mobile home drivers - at least I think they were they were waving!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We always seem to get a wave from the majority, especially the French ones (our MH is French), but I have never seen a sticker except at rallies.

Reactions: Pia
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well we've been members since 2009 and only ever seen 1 funster sticker in a van on our many travels . Unless of course we're on a funster rally .
But think on there's thousands of motorhomers out there .
And that was us Pickering we were going in you was Leving when you had the choich bult ci we hadn't met at that time we have cince then bill
Bill

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Funaly enugh I have seen two funsterse with stikers on my recent jurny both put there heads Dow like that were trying to make there self's invisible to me in there big white boxes
Ill

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
we were at the spital inn at staxton near scarborough as we were leaving we saw a motorhome flag but did not see who it belonged to

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
And that was us Pickering we were going in you was Leving when you had the choich bult ci we hadn't met at that time we have cince then bill
Bill
Your right it was Bill. Didn't think you'd remember. We are there now as I type. Been in Whitby all day , it's been cracking 't' flags !
We're actually moving here within the next few years , been to see a house today, that we've had our eye on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back