LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Check up Halifax Clarity Card. Yes, its a credit card but the exchange rate is better than the high street or bank and there is no commission or fee so therefore its actually cheaper than paying cash but if asked particularly at ferry or train for shopping, pay in local currency, i.e. Euros.

And, if you put the card in credit by paying more than is owed on the card, you can draw out currency up to the value of your credit without incurring interest. Shhhhhh. Don't tell 'em I told you that:whistle::whistle::whistle:

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Some great tips here (y) we're off on our first French trip on Saturday (only our 2nd trip in the MH!) and I think we're all set.

I did read one useful tip for those who don't have refillable gas: I don't know how widely it's known, but the the clip-on adaptor used for BP Gas Light bottles can also be used for the French Le Cube bottles. Which is perfect for us as we already have a 10kg BP Gas Light and only want to carry one bottle if we can as we have limited locker space. If we do run out then at least its just a case of buying a new bottle (and finding a new home for the stuff we currently have stored in the gas locker LOL).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Photocopy your passports and other important paperwork. At least you will have a record of things in order to get replacements should you lose them.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
this time next week we will be in Portsmouth getting ready for the first ferry Friday morning! all tips carefully noted and followed, particularly bog paper... essential..

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Reverse polarity adapted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.