Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Good afternoon everyone
We have come from the 'Mazda Bongo world' and although its a very good campervan the wife and I have had to concede that it is just too small for serious touring. This is our first post and we hope we can find some advice? We have just bought a Swift Bolero 600ek and although it has central locking via the Key Fob the vehicle does not have a cat 1 alarm system ...has anyone had an experience of their vehicle being stolen/theft etc,etc or is an alarm a personal issue

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mentaliss, and welcome aboard.

Our Swift came fitted with a cat1 alarm and the only thing I would say is it made the insurance a wee bit cheaper :)

We have been motor homing a total of 4 months so am unqualified to answer the bit around theft, someone will come along in a minute with experience, in the meantime, happy camping

Andy

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi and welcome
If you have paid thousands for a motorhome then a few hundred quid on an alarm is nothing.
Put it this way you park it at the side of your house someone comes along at night breaks into it ransacks the inside you will not know until the following day if you have an alarm you would know straight away.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

I don't have a CAT1 alarm. I have the original fitted by Peugeot and a Cobra fitted to the hab area.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back