LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Can I have 1st pick on the levelling blocks, and the spare toilet chemicals?
If you have anything else thats going spare, just remember that I asked 1st, forget these vultures on Fun, they are only there for what they can get.

Lastly, do you any of those magic trees hanging from the rear view mirror, ours smells like Roar Runners underpants (dont ask, long story and involes a lot of swarfega and a blow torch)

Needs must ect...

As always, your bestes always mate..
Spare toilet chemicals? How many motorhomes do you know with a spare toilet? Takes them all their time to fit one in.

Magic trees? Certainly not. I may be a Nutter but it doesn't mean that I don't have taste. We use a tub of the green Neutradol - which actually looks a bit like Swarfega come to think of it.

I am sincerely grateful, though, for the way you think of us without any thought of gain for yourself. You've almost an even bigger heart than Gerry :roflmto:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Sorry to hear the bad news Graham....

Hope the damage is not too serious, at least the Elddis factory is not too far away so you can get any new parts required so as to repair it properly.

All the best,

Callum

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What an absolute ball ache mate.. Lord only knows how long that will be off the road :Sad:

When you complete the claim do not forget to include the cost of a hire vehicle in it for the entire time you are without its use..
I am sure there are at least ONE meet a week, every week, you will be attending

Also dig around and get at LEAST £800 on top as that will cover the increase in the insurance you will almost certainly get hit with :RollEyes:

Not forgetting the almost full tank of fuel as well. We filled it up a few weeks ago with the intention of going away but dealing with my aunt's estate pit the mockers on that. We had only done about 10-15 miles since filling up so there's probably £80-£90 of diesel in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh poor you Graham and Jill too. You don't need this just be Christmas. Hope you get sorted soon. :Smile:

Ivy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear ... sorry to hear of your prang Graham, feels awful I know when your pride and joy gets damaged.:cry:

As for the comment about insurance going up - when we had to claim for our motorhome after it had been 'abused' in Holland with no-one to offset it against, we found that our premium hardly changed the following year - the damage cost a good few thousand pounds to put right so we were expecting it to be hiked, but it wasn't.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Sorry to hear that, Graham.
At least neither you nor Jill were in it at the time.
Hope you can get it sorted / replaced by the time you want to use it.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Really sorry to hear about this, we had someone with ladders on his van, reverse into the side of us in a filling station in August:Angry: we've only just got the van back after the side window replacement, body work bumped out, resprayed and new decals!

The van driver admitted liability, but it's the hassle and time it takes to sort it all out. Proper pain in the butt! Hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction before too long.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
sorry

sorry to hear Graham hopefully you will get it sorted in a reasonable time to your satisfaction see you s next year

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Graham & Jill.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your MH.

Hopefully, it will all be sorted out soon, to your complete satisfaction. :thumb:

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Graham/Jill

Sorry to read about the accident, I hope its soon sorted and your are back on the road.

Hoping to see you at some events in the new year.

Mike

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Merry Christmas.

Sorry to hear of the damage. At least it's not happened just before a long summer trip.
We don't shop at Asda!
Have a Healthy, Merry Christmas.
Brian and Mar in Sunny Macclesfield.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Bad news..... Know exactly how you feel...
Been there, done that and our's was still on our driveway,,,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham that's s--t luck.:Sad: I hope it all goes well for you Monday :thumb:I fear it may be a write off,which may be a good thing.(you don't have a accident repaired van come sale time.)If it is once a price is agreed,remember to take everything out before handing over to ins co,and I mean everything including your full fuel tank.-it will be worth more by the time you get it all settled ::bigsmile: You can always use the innards for a self build :Doh:
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Oh dear, i hope you get it sorted one way or another. Quickly.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham that's s--t luck.:Sad: I hope it all goes well for you Monday :thumb:I fear it may be a write off,which may be a good thing.(you don't have a accident repaired van come sale time.)If it is once a price is agreed,remember to take everything out before handing over to ins co,and [HI]I mean everything including your full fuel tank[/HI].-it will be worth more by the time you get it all settled ::bigsmile: You can always use the innards for a self build :Doh:
terry

We removed all the contents of the van yesterday - why do we take so much stuff? :Smile: Wouldn't have the first idea about removing the fuel tank though, especially as it's full ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well at least the fuel in it Graham, or get the people who collect it to sign a receipt for a full tank of diesel

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Graham and Jill, so sorry to hear this news.... what a lousy time of year for it to happen too. Thank goodness there was a witness so everything should hopefully go through ok for you both. Big hugs. :Sad:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Deepest sympathy to the pair of you

Worst thing ever having something put back in order

After damage

No damaged people though thankfully

Last edited:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
We normally park our van on the drive, well out of harm's way but as we've been having a new roof put on the house these last few days we've had to move it off during the day. Not ideal but we've deliberately parked it not far away on a nice wide piece of road where it is an obstruction to nobody.

All has been well until this morning when an Asda delivery van skidded on the icy road and clipped the offside rear corner.
The offside and rear panels are creased and gouged.
The door to the washroom (which is at the offside rear corner) has come off,.
The rear nearside wheel was forced up onto the kerb removing the lower half of the tyre.
The force sent the leisure battery against its locker door breaking the lock.
Goodness knows what other internal fittings and chassis components are compromised.

The lucky thing was that the Asda driver managed to stop just before he hit two cars which had collided just beforehand and nobody was hurt in either incident.

By coincidence our roofers were just arriving and witnessed the collision so we can rely on them if necessary. The police attended so at least it is all recorded officially. We now wait for the insurance assessor to come out on Monday to arrange for the van to be taken away and take it from there.

Im gutted for you...clear cut driving without due care and attention on the delivery vans behalf as a skid on ice is no accident so you should be ok.
but that doesnt compensate for ya little baby beinbg creased....heartbreaking, hope it all works out let us all know please

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back