Ouistreham / Caen (1 Viewer)

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
I am planning a trip through France and our return port is Ouistreham / Caen ...

have any of you used any of the campsites near by?

what are they like?

where are they?

OR

have any of you stayed overnight on the parking bays on the coast road? what was that like?

Thanks

Edgie

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Hi, Edgie

We use Ouistreham for the 9am ferry when going back to the UK (southbound we use St Malo, as it is a better night crossing). Normally there is no problem in stopping overnight in the car parks in the town - we get there around 4-4.30 pm, and there are already some MH's parked up. There is an aire just along the road from the dock, but this is often full. As a last resort there is a campsite at the roundabout as you head towards the car ferry - never a problem in finding space there.

If you are using Brittany Ferries, do you have a discount code? If not, pm us and we'll give you ours.

Bob and Di

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I stayed overnight at the terminal car park in May. There was absolutely no problem but we were the only motorhomers there. As previously mentioned the Aire was full as it always seems to be as people seem to holiday on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
I stayed overnight at the terminal car park in May. There was absolutely no problem but we were the only motorhomers there. As previously mentioned the Aire was full as it always seems to be as people seem to holiday on it.

Agreed, and that was a few years ago.
The campsite at the roundabout - Les Pommiers - I think , municipal site, is a bit basic and was popular withe ferry users so it could be disruptive at times.
Go for the Aire - failing that the port / or street park, not so far to stagger back after your last evening :ROFLMAO:

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
We reguarly use Les Capucines at Ranville which is just over the Pegasus Bridge; about 8 km [11 minutes] out of Ouistrehiem port.

Its a flat grassed site with a separate area for touring units. Simple clean ablution block possibly needing modernisation but always spotlessly clean with oodles of hot water. Its in an interesting area which includes the D-Day museum at the bridge.
Link:
Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back