LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I didn't say it wouldn't work, I said as you can see was with 120w you cannot efficiently charge a leisure battery.

Yes 10A would not be enough to be worthwhile. Luckily, many vans do have 20A lighter sockets. A quick google show that most Ford Transits have 20A ones, whilst most Fiat Ducatos have 15A (sometimes with an additional 10A one). Mercedes Sprinters seem to have a mixture of 15A and 20A (occasionally some are 25A on a Maxi-fuse). All these things vary from year to year and model to model. However, very few seem to have only 10A sockets.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Regarding B2B systems we install loads of them, have done for years.

I imagine you see far more of these than almost anyone else in the country. Would you recommend a Ring RSCDC30? I need to add an MPPT solar charger and suspect it would be better to get one with a B2B built in, rather than have multiple chargers fighting each other. Is this one just a bit too cheap, or does it do what it claims?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We don't stock or sell Ring products, I had a look at the link and it seems OK there is no Lithium profile which is why most of our customers want to change the factory fitted charging system.

The built in solar reg is MPPT which is good though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back