Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Anyone bought organic food, meat/fruit/veg, in Valencia region, Murcia or Andalucia?

At home we grow our own or buy organic whenever we can. In Spain we like to buy local and/or at markets rather than supermarkets, but we know nothing of where the stuff comes from and how it's reared or grown. At least with "ecologico" label you know it hasn't been sprayed with pesticides and fed antibiotics etc.

I've found some sources via Google.es and most of the outlets are in the bigger towns which we tend not to visit. But does anyone have any actual knowledge and experience of Spanish food production or organics?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Until someone else comes along ... I don't know Spain... do hhey have branches of Aldi?

If so then it could be a good place to start. Aldi have banned several carcinogenic pesticides from their food stuff and are trying to become leaders in the organic chain. Power to them .. I applaud moves like this.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Our new Aldi's, in Lorca, has an organic section.
In Puerto Lumbreras there is an organic buthchers at the western end of the town. Owned by an acquaintance who supplies a large % of the stuff from his own farm. & yes it is hard to get the accreditation at the outset with the land etc; all having to be pesticide free for so many years .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We never had problems finding organic foods in Spain

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Yes, we've found some in the Aldi's, Mercadona, Carrefour etc, but we'd rather find smaller, more local outlets. I found a weekly organic market near Vinuela (north of Velez-Malaga) which we'll try this winter. That's the sort of place we're looking for - small town, local. Thanks anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back