Ordering off Amazon in Europe (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere on the site, sorry if it's old news!

I just bought a hook-up cable off the Spanish Amazon (www.amazon.es). You can log in using the same details as for UK Amazon, and then have items delivered to a nearby pick-up point.

Works really well. I was in Valencia at the time, had my hook-up lead delivered to a locker in a shopping centre which I could pick up from any time between 9am and 10pm.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We tried to order a Bluetooth transmitter from Amazon UK while in France.

They were unable to supply owing to restrictions on the inter Country postage of electronic goods.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I think the crucial requirement for normal amazon service is to always order from country in which you happen to be. Items ordered in France from U K will often be delayed or just not be possible. Whatever else I think of Amazon ordering around Europe has frequently got me out of a jam.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Exactly order from the Amazon.?? Country you want it delivered. I ordered a washing machine off Amazon Germany for delivery in Germany, even honoured my Prime entitlement.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
And yet I've purchased off the UK site items that have been delivered to home from abroad - the latest a pack of batteries that were half the UK price, from Germany.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rollin
Apr 6, 2017
Andalucia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544 Camp
Exp
Since 2017
I think each amazon.xx site is a fairly separate business entity - with their own separate product ranges, country-specific tax dodges etc ;)

The only connection as far as ordering in Europe goes is that you can log in with the same details as for amazon.co.uk and use any credit cards you have on that account. Which is just a convenience really, saving you the bother of creating a new account on each amazon.xx site.

The real handy part for motorhomers is collection from a locker. Amazon.es has arrangements with various locations in Spain that i don't think you can use if you order from amazon.co.uk - even if you could, postage would probably cost more and there may be customs restrictions as @maison says.

From what I can tell, amazon.fr also allows delivery to a locker, and probably other countries do too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back