Ordered one - what have we done? (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Hi

After loving using our 2014 plate Adria we thought about updating/upgrading.

We have placed a returnable deposit :eek:on a Burstner Harmony TD 745.

It has the rear lounge area with a dropdown bed in that area so in our view the best of both worlds - fixed bed and plenty of living area.

Only two berths but that's enough for us.

As far as we can see Burstner are as good a manufacturer as Adria.

We have 5 days to cancel. Any downsides to Burstner?

Thanks

David & Sally

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Enjoy your new van. We are very happy with our Burstner Solano 725.

Are you OK Driving Licence wise? I only mention this as we were at a dealers last month and they had a brand new Hobby Ventana on their forecourt. Only had delivery mileage on it but it was registered.
Salesman explained that a couple had ordered the MH with several factory fitted extras on it. Paid for it, came to day of handover and conversation came round to gear changing etc and suddenly dawned on them that they had bought a manual gearbox motorhome whilst they both had Driving Licences for Automatic only.
Expensive mistake.:cry::cry:

Keep your eyes on the alloy wheels as some earlier models (ours included) had problems with oxidation on the alloys.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's a nice van David but make certain that it's registered at a minimum of 3.85T as it's unusable at 3.5T. The UK models will come with all the extras, as per the options list, so by the time you put a passenger inside then you'll already be close to 3.5T.

If you can get one registered at 4.25T then that'll be the best option.

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have C1 at the moment. 4.5 years to go till medical. Auto and manual. I like the idea of the auto box. Thanks namwaldog

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Had a Burstner for our last van. Was a great van and no problems. But we were working at the time so couldn't get away for long periods.

Once we decided we were going to go for longer and more often we decided to buy a MH with a garage which we've had for about 5 or 6 years now.

Denise

OP
OP
David and Sally
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Denise

Thanks. We currently have a garage which is only really full if we put our bikes in there. The new van has a lower 'garage' roof so we are having a bike rack fitted. I had considered a small scooter for travelling away from sites but we do have a motorbike and trailer so I guess I can live with the lower garage

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We used to have a scooter for getting around but hardly ever used it so ended up selling it a while back so now tend to walk everywhere as I don't cycle.

Didn't use it on the Burstner though only on the current Euramobil as the Burstner was only 3.5t.

Denise

Ironside

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano 695G
Exp
Since 2016
Love our Burstner Solano 695G updated to 4T can’t wait to live in it permanently next year whilst travelling.
Enjoy yourselves and have many adventures.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We are 4 months into owning our Burstner Ixeo 720 A Class.

We previously had a Bessacar and a Kontiki.

We absolutely love our Burstner.... Better build quality, fantastic finishes and layout.

So far (touching wood.....) no problems.

When we first started motorhoming 5 years ago, we were told it would take till the third moho to get the ideal moho. At the time I thought that nonsense..... But now....

Enjoy your Burstner....

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That layout sounds fantastic ... was saying to OH that would be my ideal if they did it in a PVC. Enjoy your travels!
If you’re a member of the German Possl/Globecar forum a chap on there bought a new Roadcruiser Revolution with the lifting bed at rear, he then turn the garage area into a lounge and a very good job too.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We used to have a scooter for getting around but hardly ever used it so ended up selling it a while back so now tend to walk everywhere as I don't cycle.

Didn't use it on the Burstner though only on the current Euramobil as the Burstner was only 3.5t.

Denise
No meaning to hi jack this thread but what do you think of your Euro Mobile and what model is it.

Nigel Tate

Free Member
Feb 4, 2011
Matlock
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi

After loving using our 2014 plate Adria we thought about updating/upgrading.

We have placed a returnable deposit :eek:on a Burstner Harmony TD 745.

It has the rear lounge area with a dropdown bed in that area so in our view the best of both worlds - fixed bed and plenty of living area.

Only two berths but that's enough for us.

As far as we can see Burstner are as good a manufacturer as Adria.

We have 5 days to cancel. Any downsides to Burstner?

Thanks

David & Sally
We have had our Burstner from new and now 3 and a half years old without any issues. No defects, nothing has gone wrong. Love it

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
No meaning to hi jack this thread but what do you think of your Euro Mobile and what model is it.

It's a 690HB. It's a twin axle 4.5t. It's a 2003 model. It's a Fiat 2.8 JTD. We both love it but may change it soon as Joe will be 70 in a just over a year.

Our main criteria when we bought it was the garage with the fixed bed. It's an A class so we have 2 doubles but it's rare the drop down gets used, only if one or other of our daughters & their partner come with us. Probably only happened half a dozen times.

I love the kitchen because it's got plenty of worktop. The only downside is it's a small fridge with just an icebox across the top - but every MH is a compromise.

Is that enough info?

Denise

Pinz716

Free Member
Nov 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi David and Sally Funny that you picked the 745 my wife and I have had a few motorhomes now our first being a Swift Rio 320 then moved onto a Benimar Mileo 282 which has front and rear lounges. We liked that layout a lot so much so that we picked a new one up same model in Jan this year. We do like the 2 areas in which to sit in.

Due to a health issue with my wife recently she finds it difficult to use steps and we have a large step in the Benimar into the bathroom. So time to change.

So we went to the motor show in Oct this year to look at some different models. I had a list of 14 units to view, Burstner wasn't on our list as we had nearly purchased a 744 the other year with the rear lounge but didn't like the step up and down to the rear bed.

After viewing all the vans on our list nothing really suited our needs. Only two of us.

We happened to look on the Burstner stand and guess what we bought a Burstner 745 which also comes next year. Looks like a great van just wished it had Aude heating in it. Bought the automatic with the 160bhp engine along with a load of extras

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Burstner's are part of the quality built Hymer Group. My last van was a Burstner T-Star710.
Lovely vans. Only niggles I had was being silver it was easily scratched. Under cab seat Battery Charger was a 1/2 fuse box/ 1/2 charger combination unit that was a bit over complicated and under powered to add a secondary battery. Some Burstner's have an extra LPG regulator on/off isolation switch inside the living area.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back