Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all,
After going to the NEC to view some PVC’s and deciding to downsize from our Bailey 79-6 we have just ordered a Pilote 650GJ!
I would of preferd a PVC but my wife liked the internal size and given it’s only 6.5m and 2.3 m in width it suited both of our needs.
We collect in 2 weeks from SMC Newark and had a few extras fitted but it is well equipped with the driver pack, comfort pack, extra lounge bed etc. We were also looking at an autotrail EPK but it just didn’t float my boat and lacked storage.
Any tips or what to look out for on collection would be most welcome.
Darren

Last edited:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's a fantatsic choice Darren.

The 650GJ high bed mod has to be one of the most versatile motorhomes on the market.

Until recently we had the P740GJ Sensation but only swapped it for a Globecar PVC because we wanted something narrower for the Scottish roads or else we would have kept it.

We've used SMC for our last two new vans and the handover guy must be the best in the business.

Do a thorough check and if you find a problem at the handover then he'll be off to kick someone's arse and to have it rectified.

Enjoy your new van - much better than a Watertrail in every way possible.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Exciting times , enjoy your new van and we want to see pictures when you get it . That goes without saying !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Collecting our 700gj from Dicksons of Perth on 4th March. Ordered in July after seeing the 2018 model, due to build time ours will be the 2019 model. Obvious differences are - reversing cameras now incorporated into radio "screen" which looks much neater, new "pull up" screen blinds which are very neat, new screen panel showing water, battery levels etc. We went for the Essential model and upgraded with Pilote "packs" .

After 2 years of looking and researching we felt this would be a perfect van and layout for us.

Hope you enjoy your 650gj :D

OP
OP
Dazzler1969

Dazzler1969

Free Member
Jul 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
S&L Atlanta PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Collecting our 700gj from Dicksons of Perth on 4th March. Ordered in July after seeing the 2018 model, due to build time ours will be the 2019 model. Obvious differences are - reversing cameras now incorporated into radio "screen" which looks much neater, new "pull up" screen blinds which are very neat, new screen panel showing water, battery levels etc. We went for the Essential model and upgraded with Pilote "packs" .

After 2 years of looking and researching we felt this would be a perfect van and layout for us.

Hope you enjoy your 650gj :D
Wow! 8 months wait! I bet your chomping at the bit? The sales man did say that Pilote have exhausted there allocation for this year, I also had the essential model but has all the extra packs on, also added an awning, external gas point and aerial.
Looks like they are practically the same with yours showing a little more length.

Darren

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
In fairness the new Pilote arrived in December but a prolonged spell in hospital meant I was unable to collect. Dicksons kindly agreed we could delay collection until March for the new reg. They have swapped our Oyster system and tv over free of charge. Dicksons of Perth have been great to deal with.

Have fun with your new wheels - we shall !

Clive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back