May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Help, Advise Please.
Trying to order the Crit’Air sticker on French web site, filled al the details needed and attached the documents needed, when pressing the button for payment, I am getting error message, I tried on two laptops using Google Chrome as they told me to, but still getting error messages.

Is there another way to get the sticker in UK or in France?

Thanks

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Theres a size limit on the fiie you upload. I think it needs to be a jpg or pdf and under about 400k in size. I remember having to reduce the resolution of my scan to get it to upload

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Theres a size limit on the fiie you upload. I think it needs to be a jpg or pdf and under about 400k in size. I remember having to reduce the resolution of my scan to get it to upload
I reduced the document to be under their limit, the error message don’t indicate what caused the error.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I managed today to ordered & paid for the sticker.
Seams that reason of the error before was the fact that I attached 3 pages of the UK Vehicle Registration V5C & 2 pages of the EC Certificate of Conformity, total 5 attached pages.
When I deleted the Third page of the V5C to make only 4 pages attached, BiNGO managed to Pay.

Thanks to everyone that added advice on this matter.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
I managed today to ordered & paid for the sticker.
Seams that reason of the error before was the fact that I attached 3 pages of the UK Vehicle Registration V5C & 2 pages of the EC Certificate of Conformity, total 5 attached pages.
When I deleted the Third page of the V5C to make only 4 pages attached, BiNGO managed to Pay.

Thanks to everyone that added advice on this matter.
I have bought 2 (1 due to a replacement windscreen ) and never had to upload a cert of conformity , did you use this web site ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I have bought 2 (1 due to a replacement windscreen ) and never had to upload a cert of conformity , did you use this web site ?
I had to get new ones (F & D). instead of sticking to the windscreen fixed them to a sheet of acrylic placed at the front of the dash.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On my V5C there isn’t information about the Emissions but in the conformity.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
On my V5C there isn’t information about the Emissions but in the conformity.
Same with our V5, no emission figures. If that is the case they just use the date of first registration. My motorhome was the 3 litre Iveco (badged Fiat) engine and was built in November 2014, but not first registered until November 2015. That was a couple of months after Euro 6 became compulsory, so that is what they used. And I have a nice yellow one

May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
I think all the information has been given. I'm adding a link to travelling in France from the Motorhome Matt Blog. It is the most excellent youtube channel about leisure vehicles, don't hesitate to subscribe to it.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
May 10, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
I think all the information has been given. I'm adding a link to travelling in France from the Motorhome Matt Blog. It is the most excellent youtube channel about leisure vehicles, don't hesitate to subscribe to it.

I've only watched the first couple of minutes and Matt mentions putting the sticker "on the back of your vehicle", pretty sure it has to be front bottom right.

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
I've only watched the first couple of minutes and Matt mentions putting the sticker "on the back of your vehicle", pretty sure it has to be front bottom right.
Ooh…..anybody confirm where to place the sticker, I’ll be putting ours on the windscreen in the next few weeks. I was going to place in top left (passenger side) of the windscreen? That’s where the previous one was, but the previous owner had a private plate, so had to get a new one.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ooh…..anybody confirm where to place the sticker, I’ll be putting ours on the windscreen in the next few weeks. I was going to place in top left (passenger side) of the windscreen? That’s where the previous one was, but the previous owner had a private plate, so had to get a new one.
Bottom right is what the instructions say.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The bozos said three times that it goes on the back of the motorhome :doh: :doh: :doh:

How do these people survive. Proves once more that bull***t baffles brains

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
I ordered mine yesterday mid morning, I switched my phone on this morning and the emailed version of the sticker you can print of had arrived, pretty impressive, I think the french must having been taking lessons from our Driving agency establishment :unsure:

Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
bailey
Help, Advise Please.
Trying to order the Crit’Air sticker on French web site, filled al the details needed and attached the documents needed, when pressing the button for payment, I am getting error message, I tried on two laptops using Google Chrome as they told me to, but still getting error messages.

Is there another way to get the sticker in UK or in France?

Thanks
The attachments need to be downsized first the attach

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
For those with a Mac - I just had a lot of unexplained freezing etc. and discovered it was my browser - Safari. As soon as I changed to Firefox the whole thing went through as it should. The file size needs to be less than 2MB - which is a bit difficult without losing quality. I took a photo of the second page and that was easier to save as a smaller file.

Aug 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail GF70
Exp
since 1993
Just doing mine now but my V5 hasn't the vehicle category or the emissions shown. Are these the same for all Ducato 2287cc vehicles?
Presume its a Euro 6 as that is not mentioned either??
Thanks

Eddiex

Free Member
Sep 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I had the same problem in September prior to travelling to France. I couldn't get the web site to accept my V5 attachment which I had resized. Gave up in the end and went without one. I want one for my next trip - what category do I use in the drop down menu for a 3.5T diesel Hymer?

Mar 9, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E412
Exp
Since 2007
I had the same problem in September prior to travelling to France. I couldn't get the web site to accept my V5 attachment which I had resized. Gave up in the end and went without one. I want one for my next trip - what category do I use in the drop down menu for a 3.5T diesel Hymer?
What dies your V5 say at D2 (Type)? I admit to ignoring the discrepancy between simply N on my V5 and N1 in the drop-down 🤞

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
2.2 Boxer 2010 coachbuilt (Elddis 115) less than 3500kg unladen. I don't intend going through any major cities in France but may pass through small towns on the way to an Aire en route to Spain.
Do I need a Crit'air sticker?

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
2.2 Boxer 2010 coachbuilt (Elddis 115) less than 3500kg unladen. I don't intend going through any major cities in France but may pass through small towns on the way to an Aire en route to Spain.
Do I need a Crit'air sticker?
For what it costs, worth it as just a bit of extra insurance for those "you never know" moments . . . . .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back