Opinions sought on Seitz S4 v S5 Windows. (1 Viewer)

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I need to pick some brains

We are about to order several new windows for our New Camper.

We were looking at the Seitz Windows but need some opinions from you guys.

We cannot decide between the S4 model or S5 model

Both have the same acrylic windows, the difference is in the Blind / Flyscreen casette on the inside.

The S4 Model which we are familiar with has a roller blind and a Fly screen that pull out from the top and bottom and connect togethjer in the middle . ( Standard Blind System )

The S5 System is the same on the outside, but the blinds on the inside are different. These have a Concertina type Blind with pockets of air in them , desribed as honeycomb by seitz.

I would live to here from anyone who has the S5 system and their thoughts on their robustness and operation.

Many thanks

Neil

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we have a couple of S5s on our van. along with mostly S4s.

To be honest I like the look of the S5, but it attracts dust in the multiple creases and even bumping it lightly dents the concertina when the blins are drawn. This makes the difficult to put away or close. Sometimes its easier to open the window and push the dent back out. Not possible of course on the non opening door window

on the whole, other than for aesthetic reasons, I think the S4 is the better blind system, as being foil backed also helps insulate better

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I prefer the s4 as the s5 we have on the sliding door is a concertina folded type and is not as robust and would I think damage very easily, also the heat reflecting qualities of the s4 seem a lot better at keeping the van cool (the odd day the sun shines):ROFLMAO:as ours has a very shiny surface to the outside and if you are going to be in a hot country you may want to consider this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I have had the S5s on this van for almost 6 yrs all trouble free except the largest (about 4,1/2 ft)which simply because I store the van with screens shut (recommended open) the concertina bit needs to be crunched up by hand to fully open(very easy to do),but once left open for a few hours crunches itself.I much prefer this to the S4s as they seem to need tensioning every couple of yrs .Only other advise I can give is make sure you get tinted rather than clr windows :thumb:
terry
edit forgot to say the S5 are a little bulkier inside

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH