Opinions of different bathroom layouts (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Space is a premium in a motorhome. You’d like to have as much as you can but need to compromise to fit within the floorplan. For all the time you spend in the small room, there is little reason to make it larger at the expense of living space. Wet rooms provide more space than a cubicle with shower screens, so long as they remain water-tight. Maybe that’s why there are so few. An alternative would be to forego the shower and use site facilities instead. Some campers don’t even have a toilet.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Space is a premium in a motorhome. You’d like to have as much as you can but need to compromise to fit within the floorplan. For all the time you spend in the small room, there is little reason to make it larger at the expense of living space. Wet rooms provide more space than a cubicle with shower screens, so long as they remain water-tight. Maybe that’s why there are so few. An alternative would be to forego the shower and use site facilities instead. Some campers don’t even have a toilet.
Its a Motor HOME so IMHO you need all facilities or it is just a Motor?

Agree space is at a premium and it is individual choice as to what layout suits you best, like buying a house you have your wish list but at the end of the day your dream home is never available so you have to compromise, same with a Motorhome.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
That term may be the problem for some. If you try to replicate the 'homeliness' you could end up with too many trappings, insufficient space, no payload, and flat batteries. Perhaps we should revert to "camper van" to remind ourselves of this?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
That term may be the problem for some. If you try to replicate the 'homeliness' you could end up with too many trappings, insufficient space, no payload, and flat batteries. Perhaps we should revert to "camper van" to remind ourselves of this?
Ours has been our home for 12 months and it has all the trappings we want with very few additional compromises to a normal house.

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Autotrail Delaware rear fixed bed with toilet and shower mid motorhome with a bedroom sliding door and lounge/kitchen door. Could do with a slightly bigger shower tray area but when doors closed gives an on suite area for preparing and drying.
Of the three we prefer this.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There is an alternative, which we have. A shower room on one side and a toilet on the other but a washbasin in the centre of the van, all of which can be isolated. I have only seen one other van with this layout, a Roller Team design. We love this layout but Adria stopped using it a couple of years ago, so guess it is not everyones taste.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We have option 3 in our Rienza. After the bathroom in the Duetto that was on the lines of a wardrobe this one is a vast improvement.
We have room to turn round and it’s heated. You have to think about taking the towels off the towel rail and remove the loo roll before using the shower but that’s not a big problem.
The only down side being the wet floor after showering. When we first bought it I forgot and walked in my stocking feet to use the loo, soggy socks.
Being heated we can hang wet clothes in there with the heating on to help with drying.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We have the Swing wall, bathroom, yes took a while to figure out, used it the 1st time this summer even though we could use on site facilities, was quite surprised how good it was! :clap: but have to agree, after Xmas one to many mince pies, may cause problems..don't drop the soap:oops::ROFLMAO:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
There is an alternative, which we have. A shower room on one side and a toilet on the other but a washbasin in the centre of the van, all of which can be isolated. I have only seen one other van with this layout, a Roller Team design. We love this layout but Adria stopped using it a couple of years ago, so guess it is not everyones taste.
I think they have that design on the benimar 294. I believe that is the same as yours Howard H ?

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
i prefer a wet room layout rather than seperate showers. Givers more living room after all where do you spend most of the time, in the lounge or in that little room.
ezee

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
It all depends on the length of your van. My van is 5.5m long and has a wet room. I would much prefer a separate shower but it would not be possible in a van that size.
I liked the bathroom in my Autosleeper Broadway with the swinging shower wall.

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Last motorhome (an unheard of 'TEC'), had a wetroom design, but with a curtain over the door and a screen to keep the toilet dry. Worked ok, but you were always left with a wet floor. New Knaus has sliding sink and a completely separate shower with a proper shower screen, but all in the same room. So the actual bathroom floor can stay dry. Can't believe the water pressure either (not actually used the bl00dy thing yet - picked up 31 Oct and then straight into lockdown!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back