jhbgaiem

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Galapagar near Madrid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Try out the new Opera 9.62 web browser. Its free and by far the fastest browser around. After using Firefox or Explorer its as if you have a new computer.::bigsmile:

R

reader

Deleted User
I always thought it would be difficult to beat 9.61 on speed but this new version 9.62 really is a flyer on page dowloads. Out of interest if your mobile phone does internet access why not try one of the phone versions of Opera.

Anyone still on slow ADSL or Dial Up and using one of the Internet Explorer releases can save themselves a lot of time by downloading Opera 9.62. If by chance you have any problems or queries there is an active online community who will help out

Last edited by a moderator:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I downloaded last night but only tried it this morning..

MHfun has always been quite slow to load, now it's a lot faster.. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So far so good .. but doesn't seem to have a spell checker .. anyone know if it has ?

R

reader

Deleted User
I have never looked for one but there is an add ons bit called "Widgets" accessed through the toolbar you could have a look in there you might find other things you would like to add

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In Line Spell Checker

Found this on the Opera forum ..

Link Removed

Looks like we will have to wait for version 10 for an in line spell checker.. :Sad:

This is the most important feature missing in Opera, so i can't wait any longer for the next release. however, there are a few other improvements i would like to see in Opera 10:

- inline spell checker
- an easy way to open unclickable web addresses like the URLs in CODE tags in a new tab in background (something like Ctrl+click)
- a better GUI with more area for the browser window (like the Opera Plus skin)
- a smaller Personal Bar for shortcuts (with the same height of the status bar). currently the personal bar is very big. it's even better to have it in the status bar beside the zooming options

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I am just trying Google Chrome. First impressions are that it is the best browser I have seen! Quick and has some neat features. And it does have a spell checker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back