Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Yip it's certainly broken this time, despite having the genuine mirror guards on.
It got broken at the worst time as it usually does as we are in France atm.
It is going to be an insurance job as the same happened to the other van plus his side window got smashed.
So until the insurance sorts it I need to get a temp mirror glass to tape into it, so I need HELP!! !
What is the French name or place I should try searching for where I could buy a universal glass to tape into it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180918_130115.jpg
    IMG_20180918_130115.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20180918_130107.jpg
    IMG_20180918_130107.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 198
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If I understand all right you mean you want to stick another mirror having about similar size, or may be larger and duck tape it.

So you try to find a "NORAUTO" and you ask for "je cherche un miroir de rétroviseur à ajuster dans un rétroviseur de camping car, le mien est cassé, MERCI ".
Just write this down and show the paper to the seller, and do not forget the accents otherwise meaning changes.
BTW write this before "je ne parle pas français"
Right now I can't do much more, difficult time for me to help as it's still lunch time for the toddlers. Best time for me is in the morning, as I have my earplug and can phone anywhere and still see the toddlers ... not when computering.
Still, tell me where you are , I might have time to search which other places sell this, no promise here though!

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@yodeli thank you, thank you, thank you for the super long reply, we are just parked at a Lidl which is beside a place that says auto sante and looks like a car parts place, once we are fed then they should no open again. In the meantime I'll Google NORAUTO near me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
If I understand all right you mean you want to stick another mirror having about similar size, or may be larger and duck tape it.

So you try to find a "NORAUTO" and you ask for "je cherche un miroir de rétroviseur à ajuster dans un rétroviseur de camping car, le mien est cassé, MERCI ".
Just write this down and show the paper to the seller, and do not forget the accents otherwise meaning changes.
BTW write this before "je ne parle pas français"
Right now I can't do much more, difficult time for me to help as it's still lunch time for the toddlers. Best time for me is in the morning, as I have my earplug and can phone anywhere and still see the toddlers ... not when computering.
Still, tell me where you are , I might have time to search which other places sell this, no promise here though!

Amicalement
Frankie:)

Thanks Frankie, super job at NORAUTO :)

IMG_20180918_154721.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
now just work on your story, can't believe it was your fault :):)

50/50 is the worst it should be, although in insurance terms it is the same claim I guess (y)

unless you were too busy waving to him I guess :LOL:

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
now just work on your story, can't believe it was your fault :):)

50/50 is the worst it should be, although in insurance terms it is the same claim I guess (y)

unless you were too busy waving to him I guess :LOL:

LOL at the waving it wasn't an other motorhome, it was a white van man and the D road was not wide enough for us both, yip looks like insurance will treat it as 50/50 with me paying my excess plus loosing 1 years ncb plus a premium increase next year.......

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We had a claim on our motor home insurance and as 50/50 is now treated as a fault claim.

The motor home insurance went up £3 but the car, classic bike and modern bike insurance went up a lot more.

We had another claim on the car insurance. Lost six years no claims and at renewal plus £300 on renewal. Claim amount £1200

Nothing honest or fair about insurance companies. (n)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yip it's certainly broken this time, despite having the genuine mirror guards on.
It got broken at the worst time as it usually does as we are in France atm.
It is going to be an insurance job as the same happened to the other van plus his side window got smashed.
So until the insurance sorts it I need to get a temp mirror glass to tape into it, so I need HELP!! !
What is the French name or place I should try searching for where I could buy a universal glass to tape into it.
Where are you in France? I'm near Arras and have two spare mirror glasses for a 2013 Ducato, one for each side.

However, I've just seen you have bodged a good repair so unless you are very local probably not worth the journey. :)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you run more than one vehicle any claim under £1500 is best not claimed for. Bite the bullet and just pay for the repairs yourself. By the time you have paid your excess and lost the no claims on ALL the vehicles, its cheaper to just pay up and smile.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
I carry a repair kit its "Pearl Consumables PM02" It's a 7"x10" replacement mirror kit easily trimmed with scissors. Sorry wifi here ain't great but just google it

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I wouldn't inform the insurance company because the premiums are bound to go up plus all the questions for the next 5 years.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Where are you in France? I'm near Arras and have two spare mirror glasses for a 2013 Ducato, one for each side.

However, I've just seen you have bodged a good repair so unless you are very local probably not worth the journey. :)

Thanks for the offer DBK , this repair will do me until I see what the insurance do.

I wouldn't inform the insurance company because the premiums are bound to go up plus all the questions for the next 5 years.
if it was me just hitting a wall or something else solid I would not involve the insurance company, but as there was another vehicle involved and foreign at that, well actually its me that's the foreigner lol as I'm from the UK and the accident happened in France.. I had no choice but to involve the insurance company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back