Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
f55393d22cd9449ff1fed73933768ce840796a9c8528e816963516960db93bb5.jpg

[no not the freezer :rolleyes:]

At the PBoro show in 2015, half an hour after walking in, I'd signed up to buy my first motorhome - knowing absolutely nothing about it, brand, model, history etc etc.
I just sat in it & it felt right. The dealership was on my "trusted" list - and so we did the deal.

and blow me... :whistle:

30 minutes after walking into the Lincoln show, I'd only gone & done it again :banghead:.

Not quite so bad this time - but a lot more money - I'd had this idea, done a bit of research and thought I would just go and take a look at the various alternatives at the show & just maybe think about changing next year... ish.

Ha - so much for that plan :doh:.
I like what I saw at the first stand - and have [apparently] traded in my old bus & bought a brand new van :D.

Ah well - it's only money.

For those of you interested it's a Wildax Aurora XL
- though I haven't completely settled on the XL variant.
I like the extra space inside but am concerned that I lose the advantages of a 6 metre van in respect of parking etc... ???

I'm very happy with the part-ex, and the few extras & discounts thrown in to sweeten the deal.
I now have to be decisive on the colour - Black, non metallic but special order, Imperial Blue non metallic, Pearlescent Deep Red or Metallic Graphito Grey [which looked pretty black to me on the stand]

and
Just the wait until May :crying1:.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
f55393d22cd9449ff1fed73933768ce840796a9c8528e816963516960db93bb5.jpg

[no not the freezer :rolleyes:]

At the PBoro show in 2015, half an hour after walking in, I'd signed up to buy my first motorhome - knowing absolutely nothing about it, brand, model, history etc etc.
I just sat in it & it felt right. The dealership was on my "trusted" list - and so we did the deal.

and blow me... :whistle:

30 minutes after walking into the Lincoln show, I'd only gone & done it again :banghead:.

Not quite so bad this time - but a lot more money - I'd had this idea, done a bit of research and thought I would just go and take a look at the various alternatives at the show & just maybe think about changing next year... ish.

Ha - so much for that plan :doh:.
I like what I saw at the first stand - and have [apparently] traded in my old bus & bought a brand new van :D.

Ah well - it's only money.

For those of you interested it's a Wildax Aurora XL
- though I haven't completely settled on the XL variant.
I like the extra space inside but am concerned that I lose the advantages of a 6 metre van in respect of parking etc... ???

I'm very happy with the part-ex, and the few extras & discounts thrown in to sweeten the deal.
I now have to be decisive on the colour - Black, non metallic but special order, Imperial Blue non metallic, Pearlescent Deep Red or Metallic Graphito Grey [which looked pretty black to me on the stand]

and
Just the wait until May :crying1:.
Well jell .. That's my dream van

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Sounds like a nice van , hope you like it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Well done! We are here at Lincoln in a Wildax Aurora - 4 years old now. Not sure what Aurora XL is. We liked Aurora saw on stand at show but wanted twin beds so Duncan built ours to our spec on lwb so 6.3 metres. If u want a look at ours we are parked on edge of road that loos and showers are on but further down.

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Well done! We are here at Lincoln in a Wildax Aurora - 4 years old now. Not sure what Aurora XL is. We liked Aurora saw on stand at show but wanted twin beds so Duncan built ours to our spec on lwb so 6.3 metres. If u want a look at ours we are parked on edge of road that loos and showers are on but further down.
Sounds like yours is on the same base as the XL ie 6.36m instead of the standard 5.99m
I'd have love to come & have a nose but am not planning to come back to the show - you're not going to Malvern by any chance?
One [of the many] questions that I came up with is payload?
All I can see is vague references to about 400kg
Obviously each van will be different depending on the tweaks, and optional extras - and I don't want to get hung up about kgs - but I assume that after 4 years, you've found it adequate?
What colour is yours? That seems to be what is giving me the most concern at the moment... colour :whistle:.
Great to hear you still like yours - and no doubt I'll quiz you about things you wished you had done, have had done since.
Have a great time at the show (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Morning @Langtoftlad
Have you woken up and thought omg what have I done!!!
We like the wildax people seemed very nice and we looked at a second hand one 2 years ago and nearly bought it but it had no air con.
They are a great build.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
well done you, (y) colour is important as you realise, I would be very concerned about black, but I don't like black, if the windows are black as well which seems to be the new trend it could look like a hearse or drug dealing wagon o_O

Blue or grey for me, not than I am paying for or living with it, how long do have to decide?

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
well done you, (y) colour is important as you realise, I would be very concerned about black, but I don't like black, if the windows are black as well which seems to be the new trend it could look like a hearse or drug dealing wagon o_O

Blue or grey for me, not than I am paying for or living with it, how long do have to decide?
Could be a plus for stealth camping if it looked like a coroners van :LOL:.
I like black, last 2 cars have been black :cool:

How long to decide? As long as I want I guess cos he doesn't buy it until I choose :D.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
All black would get a tad hot in very warm weather I think.just a thought! But so trendy!!

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Anthea M

Good point - but I wonder if the super-duper insulation which keeps you toasty in the cold, might keep you cool in the hot ???

I'm only guessing but I assume that with the big sliding door on the side & the two back doors open, you'd get quite a draught o_O.

And, initially at least, I'll be touring the UK... How often do we get that hot :D?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back