Oops a Daisy (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
Had a bit of a mishap this afternoon :rolleyes: having looked at the weather reports we decided to leave Sierrecilla and head out of the mountains and down to Cadiz where it should be a lot warmer at night.
So we booked in got the van levelled up plugged in to the electric (y) Diane had the kettle on
whilst I sorted out the Fiamma awning easy peasy :ROFLMAO:

Yeah right ! 2nd peg to hold the awning legs down straight through a water pipe :eek:
Luckily it was only for the irrigation system about 20' away by the time I'd got to the office and had the water turned off we had a small pond around our pitch.

The Dutch chap at the Side asked how deep the pipes were buried? About 4" he'd just knocked in about a dozen pegs on his pitch.
Guess it just wasn't my day:cry:

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Had a bit of a mishap this afternoon :rolleyes: having looked at the weather reports we decided to leave Sierrecilla and head out of the mountains and down to Cadiz where it should be a lot warmer at night.
So we booked in got the van levelled up plugged in to the electric (y) Diane had the kettle on

Yeah right ! 2nd peg to hold the awning legs down straight through a water pipe :eek:
Luckily it was only for the irrigation system about 20' away by the time I'd got to the office and had the water turned off we had a small pond around our pitch.

The Dutch chap at the Side asked how deep the pipes were buried? About 4" he'd just knocked in about a dozen pegs on his pitch.
it was a do it yourself pool,you don't get that often on a site :D

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If this was back in the UK, you'd have had a skating rink :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Bet they charged you extra for the pitch water feature, the Spanish love their fountains dont they just :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Don't believe you ... you're in 'Little England' mode and wanted a moat round your 'castle'! :LOL:

Reactions: Nik
OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A happy ending (y) all fixed by 8 30 this morning :eek:

2 nicer maintenance guys you couldn't hope to meet (y)

Apparently I'm not the first to nail the pipe :LOL::ROFLMAO:.
IMG_1430.JPG

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Did the same thing at Foum Zghuid in Morocco but only noticed it when I took the peg out. It was a water supply pipe about 1 inch below the surface and despite there being half a dozen stop taps within 10 yards, none of them would turn it off.
One of the lads who run the site came with an old bicycle inner tube, wrapped it round the pipe and secured it with a tie-wrap from my toolbox then reburied it! Job done!

OP
OP
John.
Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
One of the lads who run the site came with an old bicycle inner tube, wrapped it round the pipe and secured it with a tie-wrap from my toolbox then reburied it! Job done!
I shall remember that tip. Thanks for the heads up Terry :D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
A happy ending (y) all fixed by 8 30 this morning :eek:

2 nicer maintenance guys you couldn't hope to meet (y)

Apparently I'm not the first to nail the pipe :LOL::ROFLMAO:.
View attachment 199163

Don't suppose anyone asked them to dig a deeper trench and re-bury the pipe, did they?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We were just about to leave - but returned twelve months later and guess what?

IT HAD BEEN REPAIRED!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back