LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This should be in continental touring,, but I thought I would put in on here,, although maybe it should have been put in the belly locker,,

Done France Northern Spain and most of Portugal and working our way along the Costa`s.
At the moent we are are Camping Marjal on the Blanca,, booked in for 5 days then told if we had not booked our next site we would not get in cos it`s Easter weekend..

The Price we have been quoted for 12 nights,,,, £678.00 :cry:

Got to stay as our circumstances with my son dictates we cannot wild camp..
Dont know if any of you have stayed here but it is the best site we have ever been on clean beautiful swiming pools saunas, hot tubs, jacussi, Hydrotherapy etc etc. tennis, bouls pitches crazy golf, free wifi, sat TV. everything is included.. but there again it needs to be for that money.:Doh:

Still it is supposed to be the tour of a life time.

Camping La-Manga is not a bad site, 25 euros a night, not bad. But if you have a disabled person, at the moent they have no hot water in the disabled showers,, I had hell of a row with the management as I thought we should have been made aware of this when or before we arrived.

Other than a few nasty sites that we did not even go through the gates, not a bad trip up till now.

One that springs to mind was in Portugal, eventually found it and pulled up outside only to be greeted by a dead cat at the gates and a couple of kittens pouncing on it like they do when they have just killed a mouse but do not want to eat it, only play with it. went inside and there for want of a better word were gypsy kids running round in soiled nappy`s.
needless to say we high tailed it out of there and found another reasonable site.

Had one of those Spanish monsoon type days rain a few days ago, rain was yellow from the red dust in the air from the sahara,, so going to was my yellow truck off and see if I have a dark blue one under the muck.

Stay safe and drive carefully.
Regards
Maurice.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I stayed at a camp in Portugal for 6 months in my R.V back in 2000.
A place in the algarve called Camping Espeshe just outside Luz..............only moan I had was dogs barking constantly.......they were Germans.

After a few weeks of moaning to the camp owners I approached the Germans and said "Hi, I just wanted to see what kind of people leaves their dogs out barking day and night" they just closed there caravan door and ignored me............Typical.

Lots moved off because of the noise..............being hard of hearing at that time It didn't wake me up at night but my wife was livid and shouted at them to shut up several times lol!

I know what you mean about the yellow rain and red waterfalls running down the roads..................we had a red mini moke back then which turned yellow inside and out :winky:

Enjoy your trip guys :thumb:

Boo

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Mo

Good to hear things are going okay. The site there sound great, although a little expensive :Doh:

Hope things are going okay with the 5er. :thumb:

Enjoy the rest of your tour.

Al and Gill

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Glad to hear from you Mo:thumb:

La Manga a funny place but that beach:Smile:

Keep us updated of your travels:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
12 nights = £678 bloody hell....does that make you a shareholder.

stayed in cheaper 4* hotels.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
crikey that's a bit steep!! we are just south of Cadiz at 29euros a night i thought that was steep. normally the sites don't fill up over Easter were usually away this time of year and
haven't had too much of a problem.

mark

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back