Only open is safe mode Grrrrrrrrr (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well i bought my new laptop in May and it going wrong again and will only open in safe mode.

Cant put the Vista disc in as disc drive not working or recognised in (derr cant think of the name) but where you can view the engine of the puter.

Wont system restore either.

Yes is under Fujitsu Seimem warranty but will lose it for the better part of 2 weeks and no other computer in the house i am allowed to use.

Anyone know where i can buy a cheap tower as a back up for the laptop? (I mean cheap to) will hardly be used as I need to sit with my dad for most of the day and no room for a full time upright.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Where to buy cheap tower? (not the Eiffel tower either)

My laptop kaput again and only working in safe mode and the factory will grab it for 14 days so will blow my brains out with now access to the tinternet.

Need a basic tower cheap that i can use as a spare (will hardly ever be used)

Any ideas?

What fleabay like for them?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What's up with the laptop John?

Start it in Safe mode and try a system restore to a date prior to the problem occurring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
My laptop kaput again and only working in safe mode and the factory will grab it for 14 days so will blow my brains out with now access to the tinternet.

Need a basic tower cheap that i can use as a spare (will hardly ever be used)

Any ideas?

What fleabay like for them?
Hi John I have a couple of these in the garage cheap cheerfull and more than up to the job, you may have to scroll right down the page to see anything on their site as its acting up to day Ive used them for years with no problems prehaps Steve will comment on the spec/value for money
<<HERE>>
Geo

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well i bought my new laptop in May and it going wrong again and will only open in safe mode.

Cant put the Vista disc in as disc drive not working or recognised in (derr cant think of the name) but where you can view the engine of the puter.

Wont system restore either.

Yes is under Fujitsu Seimem warranty but will lose it for the better part of 2 weeks and no other computer in the house i am allowed to use.

Anyone know where i can buy a cheap tower as a back up for the laptop? (I mean cheap to) will hardly be used as I need to sit with my dad for most of the day and no room for a full time upright.

Fujitsu siemens usually supply a System Restore disk or Have a restore partition on the HDD.

Try the restore from safe mode.

What model is it John?

You say the CD/DVD Drive is not recognised in the BIOS?

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
They look like the eSystems PC's I've come across.

Celeron Processor.Remember you need the operating system on top of this as well.

Let's try to get the lappy going first?:thumb:

If you start the laptop up with the Vista disc in, does it access the disc, (any disc led activity) and offer to boot from cd/dvd?

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They look like the eSystems PC's I've come across.

Celeron Processor.Remember you need the operating system on top of this as well.

Let's try to get the lappy going first?:thumb:

If you start the laptop up with the Vista disc in, does it access the disc, (any disc led activity) and offer to boot from cd/dvd?
They do the same one with xp included for about £219 all in, not worth looking at flea bay though to be sold a pile of junk, but your right the lappy should fire up from the cd or its own recovery disc:Doh:
Geo

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Wont system restore just goes to it but wont open NEXT.

Esprimo V5505

CD drive kaput

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
AMD-8151 HYPER TRANSPORT (TM) AGP 3.0 GRAPHIC TUNNEL

Is coming us as an alert

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi John,
We used to be Fujitsu dealers but gave up on them because of their appalling service record. I once had a laptop rejected under the sale of goods act and took a Toshiba instead. Customer bought the Fujitsu at a show on the Friday, returned it Sunday. FSC wouldn't accept it back as I didn't clear it with them first!
Ok, back to your issues. The AMD-8151 is the graphics controller chip on the motherboard. You shouldn't be getting this error in safe mode as it should be using the default MS VGA drivers.
When you say the CD is kaput is this in safe mode or normal mode?
Have you tried booting from CD?
Is the lappy set up to boot from CD in the BIOS?

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
No way of opening CD drive and not recognised on DEVICE MANAGER

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
There's always a way:winky:
Get a paper clip and poke it into the little hole by the side of the release button.

Regards
Doug

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
John, I've got some elderly equipment here at home that I could get working for you for basic internet use - do you have a monitor and keyboard?I've got several old systems that are not being used and may find a good home with you no charge!!! We are going to the meet on 7 November that you are going to as well, so could give it to you then. Don't stress, we'll help. If you haven't sent the lappy off by the time of the meet, bring it and all its discs etc to the meet and let us take a look - it won't be a good idea for any of us to open it due to the warranty but if its software-fixable I'm sure one of us can help. :thumb::thumb:

Laurie

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
John, I've got some elderly equipment here at home that I could get working for you for basic internet use - do you have a monitor and keyboard?I've got several old systems that are not being used and may find a good home with you no charge!!! We are going to the meet on 7 November that you are going to as well, so could give it to you then. Don't stress, we'll help. If you haven't sent the lappy off by the time of the meet, bring it and all its discs etc to the meet and let us take a look - it won't be a good idea for any of us to open it due to the warranty but if its software-fixable I'm sure one of us can help. :thumb::thumb:

Laurie

I have everything except the tower, when mine went wrong was on a down/stupid day and let the call out guy take it.

What an idiot!

A tower would be superb laurie thanxs:Smile:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
John, you have a PM :Smile: It'll be an older type base unit, nothing great, but will have no internet probs - will test before I bring it to the meet 4 u. It certainly will not be running Vista.....:RollEyes: but will load up some security software 4 u so its safe online. Now don't stress!!! :shout:

Laurie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
John, you have a PM :Smile: It'll be an older type base unit, nothing great, but will have no internet probs - will test before I bring it to the meet 4 u. It certainly will not be running Vista.....:RollEyes: but will load up some security software 4 u so its safe online. Now don't stress!!! :shout:

Laurie

thats really good of you Laurie,:thumb::thumb:

we all know how john gets stressed and depressed but with good reason.

i think you just made his day.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
thats really good of you Laurie,:thumb::thumb:

we all know how john gets stressed and depressed but with good reason.

i think you just made his day.::bigsmile:

She sure has what a super thing to do.

I have my laptop working at present but lost all my letters and photos but may have some on external hardrive.

Having a backup puter will be a lifesaver for me:thumb:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
I know it's not much help at the moment if you can't get on the web but if you join one of the Link Removed near you people are always giving old but perfectly servicable computers away. A guy in one of the local groups near me gets old PC's & strips them & rebuilds them into working PC's to give to others.
Maybe somebody you know could join a group local to you & put a request out for an old tower system htne let you know if there is one anybody is giving away.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Freecycle is fantastic, but generally you have to be very lucky to get the "goodie" you want, particularly a working (old) pc as these are in hot demand now with the "credit crunch" and the student population checking the various freecycle groups constantly!!! Quite often there are dozens of replies for each offer.

I did similar stuff independently in South Africa many years ago, as people in rural areas had no computers years ago and there was a lot of wasteful "upgrading" by big companies. Even now, I tend not to throw out old pc equipment, being a radio ham, am always experimenting!!!!:roflmto:

I think we could do with our very own FREECYCLE FUN GROUP - we could redistribute unwanted bits and pieces at various meets and rallies , having offered them on the forum - I'm sure we all have "stuff" we no longer use or want, and sometimes its not really feasible to sell some items on ebay:thumb::thumb:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Good idea having our own freecycle :thumb: anybody got a motorhome they no longer need :RollEyes: I'll take it off their hands as long as it is taxed & MOT'd :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though it could be a good idea, who hasn't accumulated the odd bits & pices from the various vans wev'e owned. Sometimes these bits are of no use to us but we can't bear throwing them away & maybe somebody can make use of them.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
FREECYCLE FUN GROUP

That's a good idea... would it be similar to 'Giveaways' section on another forum which shall be nameless except to say that they stick to the facts :ROFLMAO:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hope it serves you well John, was good to see you again at the meet :roflmto: Give me a shout if you have hassles connecting to t'internet with it. :thumb:

Laurie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back