Only British Built Caravans and Motorhomes!! (1 Viewer)

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Just had a look at a site we were thinking of going to called Reams Hill just outside Blackpool. Their website says only british built caravans and motorhomes accepted. We have a Chausson coachbuilt so not acceptable. Never come across this before - has anyone else??

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We stayed there with our Chausson in April 16 no problem. But maybe they changed the rules after we left in case we were thinking of returning, that seems to happen a lot to us :). I'd give them a ring and ask why they discriminate against large sectors of the travelling (that'll confuse them) community !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
If the ban extends to the caravan towing vehicle it's going to be a rather peaceful site....:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I wonder if they are actually allowed to ban any non-British ones? Do MHs have a law which prohibits racial discrimination?:rolleyes:

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
perhaps they do water ingress repairs on site ?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Does that include the base vehicle?

Somewhat confusingly their webpage shows a suspiciously foreign-looking VW in the top photo :)

The mind boggles. Let us know if you get clarification.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Only other reason I can think of for the British restriction is so that the hab doors are all on the same side to avoid people using each other's bit of grass??? [Yes I know some foreign made ones have the hab door on the British side too but most don't.]

Perhaps they've had problems previously with 'turf wars'! :D2

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Isn't that an Eriba caravan in the background, too?:D

Edited to add that the Army Air Corps won't be too impressed by the link referring to the Lynx as an RAF helicopter - there's a clue on the tail boom!....

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Ok so the answer is ............ "we have no problem with any motorhomes using the site". The intention of the restriction was for non british caravans only as they have to be pulled onto pitch. They are going to remove the reference to motorhomes from their site so see you there!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ok so the answer is ............ "we have no problem with any motorhomes using the site". The intention of the restriction was for non british caravans only as they have to be pulled onto pitch. They are going to remove the reference to motorhomes from their site so see you there!
That doesn't make sense either, we used to have a Hobby caravan never pulled it anywhere had a motor mover.:D2

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
I was wondering if it has anything to do with the travelling community who tend to use Hobby, Fendt and Roma caravans? ;)

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Clearly an attempt to exclude Hobby and LMC caravans as they are favoured by travellers. I deliberately avoid such sites as I suspect I may not agree with the operators views.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I used to tow a large twin axle caravan before the days of movers. Always reversed rather than manhandle because it was so heavy.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
My ego would not have allowed me to fit a motor mover and I have had to jack knife the caravan into some pitches due to there not being any maneuvering room. But then I was driving and reversing 45 ft artics for a living which was a good base to build on when it came to reversing 23ft caravans, plus our tow rig wasn't exactly compact which added to the fun. It all comes down to experience and ability and what others deem necessary or essential is not always the case for all, each to their own, such is life. (y):D

Broken Link Removed

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Surely it's a joke? There's even a VW camper van in the banner picture on their Camping & Touring page.

If it's not a joke this lot must be stuck even further up themselves than the two big companies.

If that's really what they want to do then what other absurd rules will they have? I'd tell them to stuff it and go elsewhere. (y)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

Our friends were telling us about this site whilst we were out at the weekend with them.

Apparently the owners/managers (especially the Female) are a nightmare.

Our friends stopped on the road to unload their car and the owner came over claiming he was causing a traffic jam (Despite their being nobody else on the site road?)>

Deleted User
My ego would not have allowed me to fit a motor mover and I have had to jack knife the caravan into some pitches due to there not being any maneuvering room. But then I was driving and reversing 45 ft artics for a living which was a good base to build on when it came to reversing 23ft caravans, plus our tow rig wasn't exactly compact which added to the fun. It all comes down to experience and ability and what others deem necessary or essential is not always the case for all, each to their own, such is life. (y):D

Broken Link Removed

Been driving artics since 1970, reversing a caravan is not a problem, my ego does not prevent me from going for the easy option, why stress everything by jacknifing the outfit when movers make life so much easier.Sometimes impossible to get in the right position on tight hedged pitches without uncoupling.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i dont care how good a driver someone is there is no way you could reverse a 23ft caravan into some spanish and italian pitches.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Been driving artics since 1970, reversing a caravan is not a problem, my ego does not prevent me from going for the easy option, why stress everything by jacknifing the outfit when movers make life so much easier.Sometimes impossible to get in the right position on tight hedged pitches without uncoupling.

As I said earlier each to their own, personally don't feel the need for one.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back