Only 9 Days To Go Now Till We Pick Up Ozzie (2 Viewers)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Bet you can't wait, have a good trip to Dartmouth (y):clap: Mew&Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: D&G
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
We drove past West Country MH's last sunday and was dreaming............2 weeks today we said. Gill's sister and husband will be Dartmouth already so it will be a good catchup

Upvote 0

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Have a great first weekend away in Dartmouth, it's a lovely spot, you'll definitely be used to the width of the van by the time you get there, make sure you go steady, there's alot of big vehicles travel that road (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Thanks Dave, i've just come from a T5 and I used to drive for Sainsbury as a delivery driver a while back, so width should be ok, i'm just worried about length and that pivot point from the rear axle. I have a sneaky feeling i'm going to get stuck somewhere and have to do a 'what seems impossible' reversing or 42 point turn manouver :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
So we picked up Ozzie yesterday and we are over the moon. The valeters had made a great job of cleaning him up ready for us and he was sparkling inside and out.
We had a little drive down to Burnham and Brean for some lunch, filled him up which was a bit of a shock and then headed home. Only 3 sleeps till we get to go away for the weekend.............yyyeeeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaarrrrr

And some early pics

Attachments

• WP_20150517_002.jpg
    WP_20150517_002.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 76
  • WP_20150517_004.jpg
    WP_20150517_004.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75
  • WP_20150517_005.jpg
    WP_20150517_005.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 76
  • WP_20150517_008.jpg
    WP_20150517_008.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
:hi: Hi glad everything went well with the pick up, van looks great (y) bet you can't wait until the weekend, hope you have a great time:party2::clap2:

Upvote 0

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are at Woodlands Grove campsite at the moment, only 4 miles from Dartmouth. We are getting the bus there again today and having a boat trip on the river, very nice town. From the A38 both the A384 and A385 are fine for motorhomes heading for Dartmouth (via Totnes). Not much motorhome parking in Dartmouth, best to use the park and ride.

Have a great trip and congratulations on choice of motorhome.

Paul

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Congratulations - looks like a lovely motorhome! Why not come along to some Motorhome Fun rallies next - Malvern Show & Weymouth aren't far & still have availability - see Events (y)

Upvote 0

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
MH looks brill, Dartmouth nice place always make visit when we're in the South Hams area of Devon, hope you have a good time.(y):clap: And don't eat all those Devon pasties, please leave some for the rest of us :rolleyes::LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Thanks all, we have been very lucky in the purchase of Ozzie, he is very clean and so far we cannot fault him. We are learning lots this weekend, how things work.
We are staying in little cotton camp site right next to the park and ride, but Gills sister and brother in law are staying on site too and he has a Volvo we can use to get into town if we want.
Our first night was superb, lovely and warm and loads of room in a bed 7x7, even I couldn't Nick all the covers
We loved our T5 but the level of space and comfort is on a different level, loving it

Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
What a fabulous bank holiday weekend we had, ok, I started early by taking Friday off so that we could set off Thursday eve straight from work.
We got down to Dartmouth and were set up having a wee dram by 9pm and sorted out Ozzie for out first night shortly after. Ozzie was superb all weekend, ok, we had to read the owners manual several times but having an on board fresh water tank, an actual oven, a mahoosive super king size bed and a TV with 196 channels. Add in a shower and toilet, too much storage and a fridge to keep everything fresh and I begin to realise why we bought a motorhome.
The weather hasn't been great but no real rain during the day, it was bit windy and chilly a few times but it was so nice to NOT be at work, to chill with the in laws and have a good time. We visited Salcome, Brixham, Dartmouth town and stopped off at Buckfastleigh train station on the way back where there was loads to look at, a museum, model layouts, shop, and oh yes, some steam engines, we could have stayed longer.
So here I am, Monday evening sat on the couch with the gorgeous Mrs, Sitting here catching up on Emmerdale and waiting for BGT, who cares about work tomorrow - NOT ME

Dave

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sounds like motorhoming is working its magic on you now :) We thought buying ours was a bit of a mid life crisis but one of the best things we have ever done. Finding Fun was a pretty good discovery too! We love weekends away as you can pack quite a lot in & feel like you have really had a break especially with having the motorhome all set up ready with all the home comforts.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back