LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Due to work we have not used the van for a couple of months. Collected the van from storage and drove home to get it ready for our Christmas break. Filled the water tank and switched on the pump to bleed the system, this is were it started to get a little wet. First of the pump did not sound as it should followed by a growing puddle on the floor. Oh sh*t and bloody typical I thought but no matter probably just a quick connection has popped off. Stripped down the seating to get to the pump and sure enough there was water on top of the tank but could I find the leak. All connections were tight and nothing appeared to be leaking. Switched on the pump and noticed hardly any water was going into the filter bowl so I swivelled the bowl so it was sitting upright and then noticed the bowl was cracked on the bottom allowing air into the system and the source of the leak. When it sits in its normal position, down the way, there is no way that any water in the bowl can be drained away so at some point the water in the bowl had froze and cracked the bowl resulting in the leak. Hopefully now that the filter housing has been rotated 180 degrees this will allow the water to drain out next time I drain the system down. I will check that it has drained just to be sure and if not I can unscrew the bowl and empty out the contents. Hope the next issue is as easy to fix, glad now that I had previously purchased a spare pump and filter bowl. :xThumb:

OP
OP
Lorryman100

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
60004CFE-53FB-469A-8322-52C16AF87F12.jpeg

This is the filter bowl assembly which was mounted with the bowl hanging down. The bowl now sits like the picture next to the pump.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back