Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Starting to get excitement jitters now.

We put down a pre-order deposit with Devon Conversions after the show at the NEC last October and they said at the time that we were No.5 on the waiting list. We had decided to order a pre-reg Colorado for around the beginning of March this year.

Got the call yesterday to say that they have one allocated to us and due to arrive with them in 14 days time and then they'll do the conversion and then it will be ours.

Yay, finally, at last!

Its a silver van, we didn't have a choice as to colour and I'm glad it wasn't white although obviously we would have accepted it and we've opted for neutral grey upholstery rather than sky blue...

Happy dance! :sun: :party2:

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Another call from Devon last week and the van is in!

Paid the deposit, and its currently being converted.

Everything as standard except for the addition of 2 D-rings to give us further options as to where to clip dog harness connectors when travelling and for when we want the doors open but the dogs to stay inside the van.

We're off to the NEC in a couple of weeks time, Devon won't be there but it gives us the opportunity to sort out Brit Stops membership and look at some of those stands selling "stuff" which we usually ignore ;)

I do have a vague shopping list in my head, but don't want to spend any more than we really need to until we have the van - no point buying lots of thingymajigs before we know exactly how much room we have for storage... very little as I recall.

Seems the smaller the van the bigger the payload but not many places to store anything, but the bigger the van the smaller the payload and loads of storage room. We have around 850kg payload and was the first thing I asked when we were looking over the van originally, but being only 5.4m we'll have to be creative with what we put in it.

Upvote 0
Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Another call from Devon last week and the van is in!

Paid the deposit, and its currently being converted.

Everything as standard except for the addition of 2 D-rings to give us further options as to where to clip dog harness connectors when travelling and for when we want the doors open but the dogs to stay inside the van.

We're off to the NEC in a couple of weeks time, Devon won't be there but it gives us the opportunity to sort out Brit Stops membership and look at some of those stands selling "stuff" which we usually ignore ;)

I do have a vague shopping list in my head, but don't want to spend any more than we really need to until we have the van - no point buying lots of thingymajigs before we know exactly how much room we have for storage... very little as I recall.

Seems the smaller the van the bigger the payload but not many places to store anything, but the bigger the van the smaller the payload and loads of storage room. We have around 850kg payload and was the first thing I asked when we were looking over the van originally, but being only 5.4m we'll have to be creative with what we put in it.
Made up for you. Exciting times ahead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back