One nighter (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sadly we could only get 2 nights at Camping Zeeburg in Amsterdam so looking for a one nighter ( pref France) before heading to Cite d’Europe on Friday 10th of August before early crossing Saturday morning. Can be an aire or campsite, close or further away from Calais preferably with some sort of culture within walking or cycling distance. Open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed at a site called something like Chateau du something it was a lovely site and near to some military museum where they had planned to bomb GB from. It's been a few years so sorry I can't be more precise

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
We recently stayed at Gravelines Aires and had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Nice town, walk or cycle to the beach and some nice gardens which we strolled round. Several options for eating out also.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have stopped here http://www.camping-la-bien-assise.com/ and are looking to stay there in a couple of weeks time. It has a café/nice restaurant/swimming pool and is half hour from Calais. Its ideal for a one night stop (at least we think it is).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sadly we could only get 2 nights at Camping Zeeburg in Amsterdam so looking for a one nighter ( pref France) before heading to Cite d’Europe on Friday 10th of August before early crossing Saturday morning. Can be an aire or campsite, close or further away from Calais preferably with some sort of culture within walking or cycling distance. Open to ideas. Thanks in advance.

We stayed at a site called something like Chateau du something it was a lovely site and near to some military museum where they had planned to bomb GB from. It's been a few years so sorry I can't be more precise

Took a while but i eventually remembered :) https://www.chateau-gandspette.com/ and this is within walking distance http://www.leblockhaus.com/en/

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
do you want a free aire or a campsite?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We tried something different than the Bergue/honschoote/oye plage/gravelines/wissant/montrueil last night stops this time and found an absolute beauty on your way back.
https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=21872
Its 2 hours free motorway from calais with no obvious traffic jams available (like Lille)
If youre taking your motorbikes there is a tunnel (3.50 euros each way) leading to the island which had beautiful scenery and outstanding beaches and the whole thing reminded us of ile de re only on the north sea.
Enjoy
Just noticed you are taking pushbikes, the trip to the island is too far on pushbikes (imho) there are paying aires on the island. Domburg and Vlissingen were very nice

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Another vote for free Aire at Bergues.

It has plenty of space. No facilities, but presumably you will have serviced MH before. It is quiet as it is just outside the walls and next to a sports ground, so no industry etc. S/market with fuel along the road to the SW.

Walk into town is 5 mins. with nice square, cafes, restaurants, boulangerie, boucherie etc. There are also places to walk.

Geoff

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bergues also has a wonderful though pricey cheese shop. You can walk all the way round the walls, with a few gaps. Some of it has been restored. About half an hour from the tunnel.

I have stayed at zeeburg many times but have always booked as it seems busy all the time.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
there is also an aire at bourbourg, found it a couple of months ago its only a large car park but landscaped a bit , nothing on it at night , no facilitys but quiuteand close to the centre with all the usual shops and a medium sized market on a tuesday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MichelleRyall
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Bergues also has a wonderful though pricey cheese shop. You can walk all the way round the walls, with a few gaps. Some of it has been restored. About half an hour from the tunnel.
I have stayed at zeeburg many times but have always booked as it seems busy all the time.

I slipped up and left booking too late at Zeeburg to get all 3 nights but Bergues is looking promising, thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back