HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
One here, Frankie...

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109168821/hymer-b544-motorhome.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109058929/hobby-620ak-motorhome.html

And here =

[/COLOR][/SIZEhttp://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108727494/1990-fiat-ducato-20l-turbo-diesel.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108905075/motorhome-hymer-b534.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108324637/fiat-ducato-camper-diesel-knaus-conversion.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/106878578/ford-transit-campervanmotorhome.html

And here =

www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108703584/1994-rimor-5-berthmotorbike.
...................................................................................

Not sure if those are the sort of M/Homes you are looking for... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

"Bugger"...:Doh: can some one put them up so when you click on them they are there... :RollEyes:

I 'm happy to see you're worse than me at computering Mo :roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Ok Funsters, just coming back from the daily walk with the toddlers and going out right away again but wanted to let you know that I had a positive answer from the seller! So am going to send a text to Griff to arrange a visit on Wednesday as today is a bit too difficult for the seller!

Next stage will be....See the van::bigsmile:

Happy Frankie:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I see you already have Griff going to have a look, but I work Worthing, b/ton area Tuesday to Friday during the week (very close to Littlehampton) so if I can help in any way just let me know:thumb:

Good luck anyway:thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Are we still looking for a van for Frankie? This one newly listed this morning Link Removed

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
now that is a cracking little van John and very economical to run as well. I know changing horses mid stream is not a good idea but feel it might be well worth it in this case.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
now that is a cracking little van John and very economical to run as well. I know changing horses mid stream is not a good idea but feel it might be well worth it in this case.

Just don't belive the 40 mpg :whatthe::Eeek: Nearer to high 20s very low 30 if driven very slowly ---tranny bannana engines are unbustable noisey tractor engines ,but best I ever got was 27 mpg driven slow or fast seemed to make no difference --Deffo needs chassis checking :Eeek:::bigsmile:
terry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Has some one looked at it for you Frankie... before parting with your hard earned cash.. ? :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
OH YESSSSS!

Popeye has done a great job!! He has been there twice! Once to have a look from the ouside and I got full report and pics and once on appointement 2 days later!

I had again full report and pics on all the different points I had on my check list , plus all Popeye's great knowledge!!!!

Whatever the decision .... a huge thanks to him as he has been very reliable and gave answers to all my questions (daft ones sometimes:RollEyes:). I'm sure that I could never have done this myself!!!

So again big Hooray to him , the funsters great family and of course to the site, without which all this help would not be possible!

NOW ... can I have some time to THINK please....:Angry:

Affectueusement à tous!

Frankie:Smile::Cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Funsters !

That’s it, I’ve made a decision.

I’m not bying this motorhome.

Although it was damp less and with very little rust on the outside, there were a few things to be done inside. Still….I would have been quite happy to potter around, making things better for my “little house on the wheels” …But…

This is not the reason why I didn’t buy it.

My first worry was: Will I be able to drive it? I’m not talking about the size of the van …I guess one gets used to it after a while and a few kerbs…. Much more about MY size! Would I be able to reach the pedals! OK have a good laugh … froggy trying to reach the pedals! Well in fact I could (that will teach you to imagine me trying and not succeeding!). Popeye was asked to measure the distance to the pedals first thing!

I must say I was really keen to buy it, but then we talked about the power steering, and there was none, and then …. about changing gears.

This one is a manual gear grange with the gear lever on the steering column. I had never heard of this before. When I saw the pics I thought it was to be driven like a Renault 4L. I had had one in the past, and was not anxious or feeling uneasy about it. Then I had some explanations…these were decisive.

It is already very stressful not to be able to see things when such amounts of money are involved, but then if you have no idea whether you’ll be able to manage to drive it, then it just puts you off!

So there…. It won’t be this one.

I think I’m going now to have a pause in my searches. I have had a few disillusions and not so much fun.

So I might try to take some days off early next year and try to find one with JJ.

I have a few other things planned already so have to fit this in my time table!

One thing I’d like to add. The seller is Paul Thripp from VTS vehicles in Littlehampton.

Well I have to say, this man was really nice and fair!:thumb:

I have pressed the button ‘make an offer’ without knowing E-bay rules. Had Paul pressed the button ‘offer accepted’ and that was it! Whether the van would have been suitable for me or not, E-bay says , this is like a contract and you have to pay for the item. If the seller doesn’t give an answer within 48 hours, then offer expires and there’s no contract.

I pressed the b****y button twice, the offer having expired already once, without any second thought…. I promise I’m not a fake brunette….(well I wonder sometimes!!!!:RollEyes::Doh:)

Anyway, this man could have done some easy money and get away with it, and never had.:Cool:

So if you need to buy/sell a car, I think this little story shows you, you can rely on him!

Thanks to him!:Smile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back