One defence against SAD (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This tip maybe a bit late foe those who adhere to taking decorations down by Twelfth Night.

We are keeping our 'fairy lights' up as long as possible as a defence against SAD and the dreaded Winter Blues. We find i does make a difference to have them especially when it gets dark outside at 1600.

We have two lots, one lot on the Christmas tree and another on a large spray of mistletoe hanging in the archway between two main rooms. We shall keep the tree lights till the needles start dropping but the mistletoe ones should last a lot longer, by which time the worst of the winter may be over.

Anyone done similar?

Or any other tips to avoid SAD?

Geoff

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
This tip maybe a bit late foe those who adhere to taking decorations down by Twelfth Night.

We are keeping our 'fairy lights' up as long as possible as a defence against SAD and the dreaded Winter Blues. We find i does make a difference to have them especially when it gets dark outside at 1600.

We have two lots, one lot on the Christmas tree and another on a large spray of mistletoe hanging in the archway between two main rooms. We shall keep the tree lights till the needles start dropping but the mistletoe ones should last a lot longer, by which time the worst of the winter may be over.

Anyone done similar?

Or any other tips to avoid SAD?

Geoff
I have a Lumi 750 it’s extraordinary how it makes you feel waking up on dark mornings it also has a sunset mode.

Phillips also make SAD lighting https://www.philips.co.uk/c-e/pe/light-therapy/wake-up-therapy.html

Also have Phillips hue lighting through the house and have found the colour lighting sets the scean and also seems to help. But if any one is considering a SAD lamp check out Lumie can’t recommend it enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
A light box. Sit under it at least once a day, in normal times join a gym and go swimming, sit in the sauna and steam room getting nice and warm or even go for an occasional sunbed. Get up when it's light and make the most of the daylight by getting outside and roll your sleeves up if the sun is out to get a small vit d boost, take a vit d supplement daily.

This is what I've done over the years but this year is my 1st year over wintering in Portugal and no SAD yet so it really is the sunshine and light that helps.

Griffithii

Free Member
Oct 12, 2017
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 638EB
Exp
Two years, 5,000 miles, less than 100 nights
Convincing arguement for keeping ghd decorations up until Candlemass on Radio four on Sunday
I've kept a set of coloured lights on the kitchen windowsill Nigella style.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Another suffere here too. Got myself a SAD lamp a bout a month ago, the change has made a great difference to both my and John's life. Wish I had got one years ago. Have spent years 'trying to shake it off' what a waste.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back