Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
A warning to all to be vigilant on all safety issues both here and abroad.

I notice they haven't yet established the cause of the fire yet Jim.

1 Dead is 1 too many.:Sad:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A warning to all to be vigilant on all safety issues both here and abroad.

I notice they haven't yet established the cause of the fire yet Jim.

1 Dead is 1 too many.:Sad:

Indeed Steve

It's a thought, sleeping in a metal box with LPG, Diesel/petrol, 230 and 12 volt all around... it wouldn't be allowed in a house ...

Smoke alarms do save lives, but if a fire broke out in a locker or garage it could be well alight before it went off ... with this in mind I fitted them in all lockers where there was any risk of fire .. I did sleep easier, but never fully at ease with all that fuel under my bed..

and yes, you could hear them quite clearly .. the one in the EHU locker alerted me to a smouldering cable in the top of the 230/110v transformer..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Indeed Steve

It's a thought, sleeping in a metal box with LPG, Diesel/petrol, 230 and 12 volt all around... it wouldn't be allowed in a house ...

Smoke alarms do save lives, but if a fire broke out in a locker or garage it could be well alight before it went off ... with this in mind I fitted them in all lockers where there was any risk of fire .. I did sleep easier, but never fully at ease with all that fuel under my bed..

and yes, you could hear them quite clearly .. the one in the EHU locker alerted me to a smouldering cable in the top of the 230/110v transformer..

if we though about all the risks in the world we would,nt get out of bed, :winky:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
if we though about all the risks in the world we would,nt get out of bed, :winky:

Doing a risk assessment, identifying the hazards then taking appropriate action will minimise the risk.. it can never be eliminated .. staying in bed won't do that, you could go up in flames :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
On our travels around NZ we saw some right sheds on wheels. Given its a very popular place for campervaning, theres a good few of the local ones (as opposed to hire vehicles) that have seen better days. And im guessing the maintaining of them wont be a priority in a lot of cases.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back