Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
one
g’day.. my onan will start quiet easily and runs well ,then stops after about a minute...it will pretty much start straight back up but once again only run for a short time... I only have a quarter tank of petrol in main tank as main engine runs on lpg , could it be that there is a cutoff level so generator doesn’t empty main fuel tank..??regards Mark

Julian Dearson

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2013
Droitwich Spa
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since Aug 2013
Mark, I had exactly the same and it was the fuel pump to the genny. We ruled out fuel but this was also a possibility. There was another possibility but sorry I cannot remember what it was for the life of me. Cheers, Julian

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You could try having the genny blessed by a priest. Onan has a minor walk on part in the Book of Genesis but it ended badly. He was killed by God. :eek:

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Main fuel tank needs to be above quarter, it does have a cut off to the onboard Onan, put a bit more fuel in the tank and it should be fine

Jan 31, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
CI Cipro 85
Exp
im a newbie
Hi, agree fuel needs to be above a quarter full. Also I have an onan generator free to a good home. Was removed from our rv 2.5 years ago. Turned over ok needed a new fuel pump. Needs to be collected from Scottish Borders.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
This is the first time that I have read or heard of "Onan" being applied to an inanimate object, another plaudit for MH Fun.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
This is the first time that I have read or heard of "Onan" being applied to an inanimate object, another plaudit for MH Fun.
Wasn't it LOT's wife who was a pillar of the community in the Book of Genesis??? :D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back