On the subject of cassette toilets and the gentleman's vegetables. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We always pull the flush lever slightly to fill the bowl to around a 3rd before getting started giving them something to bob about in same as a domestic loo then flush the lot, no marks, don't know if this would use too much of a euro vans cassette allocation but with 50 gallon capacity we only have to drop the kids off at the big pool once a week ::bigsmile:

I believe the RV bowls with drop to holding tank are more user friendly
I have a quite deep porcelain bowl, put an inch or two of water first then do your duty, flush and job done.
The euro cassette thingies are a big different methinks :rolleyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I looked in google for a photo to post in line with your comment, found a few, bit too risque to post though, don't want a ban
Here she is..........Now, she could really make you better :)......Or very ill. :(

fat.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I believe the RV bowls with drop to holding tank are more user friendly
I have a quite deep porcelain bowl, put an inch or two of water first then do your duty, flush and job done.
The euro cassette thingies are a big different methinks :rolleyes:
Perhaps they were all designed so Elvis could use them safely...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
One simple solution I find if you're having problems aiming for the open flap in order to deposit directly into the cassette thereby bypassing the bowl, is the surreptitious use of an empty tube from a toilet roll or, depending on distance of evacuation orifice to said opening, a kitchen roll tube. Positioned accurately, and one can ease the upper end nicely into place, it provides a foolproof chute to send the messengers nicely into the tank thereby saving on copious amounts of toilet paper in the bowl and therefore longer between emptying. The tubes can be rinsed in the kitchen sink before being used again or taken to the recycle bins.

tube.jpg

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
One simple solution I find if you're having problems aiming for the open flap in order to deposit directly into the cassette thereby bypassing the bowl, is the surreptitious use of an empty tube from a toilet roll or, depending on distance of evacuation orifice to said opening, a kitchen roll tube. Positioned accurately, and one can ease the upper end nicely into place, it provides a foolproof chute to send the messengers nicely into the tank thereby saving on copious amounts of toilet paper in the bowl and therefore longer between emptying. The tubes can be rinsed in the kitchen sink before being used again or taken to the recycle bins.
View attachment 47744

There is only one possible response to that:Eeek:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
View attachment 47744

58 Having read that post a dozen times I am still trying to work out how you can possibly 'curl one out' into a bogroll holder. Have you got a dash cam? If you have please can you illustrate your explanation, as anything that saves time with the toothbrush is good for me!(y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
This is a prime example why I don't use the ignore button. I'm to nosey, and dispite hating this thread I keep coming back for a quick peek.:sick:
I know what you mean, this thread was running when I signed off last night - and I had to think twice before looking this morning:rofl:
It's a bit early -:D. I'll save the vid for later

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Having lain awake all night worrying about the delay in emptying tubes quickly enough given the saving on paper I suggest it would be wise to carry a bottle brush in the van. We all have them lurking in some dark corner under the kitchen sink. Used to clean the roll after each session on the loo would enable further use before the inner gets too soiled thereby slowing the flow of future stools. Again they can be rinsed under the kitchen tap to remove any attached debris.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Having lain awake all night worrying about the delay in emptying tubes quickly enough given the saving on paper I suggest it would be wise to carry a bottle brush in the van.
This is ok until you inadvertently purchase rolls with
'bio-degradable' centre tubes & they collapse into a mush at first sign of damp.:eek:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The only solution I could see to this predicament, and this has been attempted, was to shuffle forward (try not to imagine this too graphically; it will scar you) and flop the aforementioned vegetables on the outside of the bowl,

If you carry out this procedure, you will find that your bell end will be resting on an area referred to in Thetford's Instruction Manual as "the cheese board"

We never do it with the flap open,none of us likes the thought of splash back on the arse.

Again with recourse to Thetford's previously mentioned tome, this singularily invigorating phenomenon is usually referred to as a "Neptune's Kiss"

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I have followed this post with interest as I am always keen to learn about the finer points of motorhoming.
So could some of you old hands on here tell me how you deal with the type that sounds like a flock of birds taking off and has the consistency of pebble dash. Look forward to your replies.(y)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I have followed this post with interest as I am always keen to learn about the finer points of motorhoming.
So could some of you old hands on here tell me how you deal with the type that sounds like a flock of birds taking off and has the consistency of pebble dash. Look forward to your replies.(y)

Less carbs especially beer and bread in you diet.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Probably be better off dropping Dr Shitzz a PM.

Sorry, Dr Shiftzz. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back