Free Member
Dec 30, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
Travel Van
Exp
Greetings All.
Taking delivery of a LHD, imported motorhome in February. Researching like crazy for the last year and still learning things every day. We intend to tour Europe.
I do not know if this is the correct forum for any questions/concerns I still have. Can anyone enlighten me.........?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Welcome..Yes you're in the right place, although this for introductions, specific questions maybe in other areas, motorhome chat maybe?...everything ends up on recent post area anyway :)

come on spill the beans, what is it and why:xwink:. importing pretty straightforward, fun starts with registering it with DVLA, which can be a hit of a hit and miss affair..have you got import pack from them.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
:welc:

You'll find everyone very helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Caerus

Caerus

Free Member
Dec 30, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
Travel Van
Exp
New Burstner, IC-Line Travelvan. Yes, bought it at a show in Dusseldorf, got the pack and initially was intending to import it myself. However, the process appears so fragmented and complicated that we opted to use 'Bundesvan', a UK agent. We are saving so much on the price (including numerous extras) that even the cost of his services make it very worthwhile. Even saves having to pay VAT twice and reclaiming !

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and a big welcome from :france:but currently on the Algarve,loads of help on here,the occasional insult but does what it says on the can,loads of Fun.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, this is the best forum on the net for all your motorhome related questions or advice. (y)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun. Post questions under the appropriate forum heading.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
New Burstner, IC-Line Travelvan. Yes, bought it at a show in Dusseldorf, got the pack and initially was intending to import it myself. However, the process appears so fragmented and complicated that we opted to use 'Bundesvan', a UK agent. We are saving so much on the price (including numerous extras) that even the cost of his services make it very worthwhile. Even saves having to pay VAT twice and reclaiming !

Thinking about it worse than the reality to be honest! I have just helped two first time importers (members on here) through the process, and they picked vans up last week and are registering them now, both went to germany and back the same day...Choosing the right dealer helps a lot, for instance not always necessary the pay VAT twice. Nick a good trustworthy choice though with a good reputation....Enjoy the new van :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Greetings All.
Taking delivery of a LHD, imported motorhome in February. Researching like crazy for the last year and still learning things every day. We intend to tour Europe.
I do not know if this is the correct forum for any questions/concerns I still have. Can anyone enlighten me.........?

Hello and welcome to Fun, the best £10 you will spend for the full membership, so much help and information and discounts as well as rally's and meets, any questions ask away. :welc:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome - but don't forget the UK for touring. Depends where you live but for us in Devon we frequently nip down to Cornwall for a few days at a time but if you have longer then Scotland takes a lot of beating.

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello and welcome from Pamie & Nigel in Dorset, Exciting new MH bet you can't wait, get it booked onto a camping site near to you so you can find out how everything works try it out if you are stuck there will always be other motorhomers on site willing to help also take your lap top then you can get help from on here there is so much knowledge, also read lots of the questions already asked on here i have done that and got loads of tips and information that i needed have fun new year coming with a new life

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back