On our way to Croatia or there about... (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you do decide to go to Croatia, you have probably seen it, this was our trip.
I found the coast very much like mainland Greece except the beaches were a bit naff a lot of Russian concrete pored over the rocks.
If you go inland away from the tourist areas there are opportunities to wild camp.

As said inland people living in buildings riddled with bullet holes, went through one town even the town hall covered in bullet holes.

If you do go, plenty of nice peaks to climb we await your photos from the top.:)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you do decide to go to Croatia, you have probably seen it, this was our trip.
I found the coast very much like mainland Greece except the beaches were a bit naff a lot of Russian concrete pored over the rocks.
If you go inland away from the tourist areas there are opportunities to wild camp.

As said inland people living in buildings riddled with bullet holes, went through one town even the town hall covered in bullet holes.

If you do go, plenty of nice peaks to climb we await your photos from the top.:)

Read your thread ages ago but done it again yesterday...(y) I won’t be climbing any mountains in a wheelchair Lenny....:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Were tunnelling that day too, 1050 I think ?
Maybe bump into you

We’re 20.50 as staying at citi-Europe for the night so we get a good run on Monday...

Where are you heading for.?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Where are you heading for.?
I've got three months off work so plan to linger a bit through Germany, Moselle, black forest, Switzerland. Then Italian lakes, Slovenia and south to Croatia. Ferry across to Ancona and up through tuscany.
If weather is not so good I may do it in reverse order to get some sun and warmth in May.
First long trip so feeling a bit daunted at moment. Hope that changes as we set off.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Not sure if you've read my thread on our Grand Tour but here it is anyway..

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/cliffandger-grand-tour.129781/

We loved Croatia - not sure I'de go as far as Dubrovnik again, having done it once, but on the whole we both enjoyed Croatia equally as much as Slovenia. (y)

Have already read it Geraldine but thanks for reminding me as I will refresh myself with it....(y)

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
The Nuem strip that divides Croatia seems to be an exclusion in MH holiday insurance polices, we have CMC Red Pennant, can anyone offer any advice or information. I was planning to cross from Bari in Italy to Greece by ferry, so would not go there, however Albania is to be avoided I believe in any case. Comments please?

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
however Albania is to be avoided I believe in any case
Not sure why you say that. If it is because of insurance then this can be bought at the border - only 3rd party and probably not worth the paper it's written on but at least you will be lawful. We did Albania a couple of years ago on our way to Crete, and whilst the roads in some places were rough to say the least, the Albanian people we met were extremely friendly and at no time did we feel unsafe. The south of Albania is particularly picturesque.

With regards to Neum strip - easy enough to get the ferry from Ploce to Trpanj and not expensive.

Clankie

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach built Majestic 125
Exp
Thanks "Dude" it was a different way home I was thinking about, it would be so simple going up the East side of the Adriatic, if it were possible. Ta Clankie!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
How to greet the locals;

kaa-ko-zee - - - - how It's spelt god only knows but that's the way tiz pronounced. A bit like saying Giday.
If it's a elderly gentleman "kaakozee de-a-da, deoda is a nice way of saying granddad.

Hey Funsters, you learn a hell of a lot of useless stuff on this forum don't yu?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back