Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
hi py piote has a omnistore roll out fitted i have used this awning on a number of times but it is now refusing to wind out.the end farthest from the wind handle comes out a little but the other end sticks in i am afraid to force it incase i break something any advice welcome thanks

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You will never know whats wrong with it unless you get it open. Give it a bit of free play on the handle, then ease it out from the back first, then the handle side, but watch it dosent spring open and send you flying off the ladder. Probably stuck with little use??

Reactions: GJH
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ours is similar. We asked at a show recently and it probably the arm tension that needs looking at. If you have a local awning, fitter, give them a ring, they will,be able to adjust it.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
thanks will try that
Heres a typical Omnistore breakdown and parts list. (y)

And for just a measly £15.00, you can have free advice and stuff all year! (y)

screen5500_2_1_.gif

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
You could do with an extra pair of hands with someone up the step ladders at the opposite end to the winding handle and whilst it is being wound out, the person at the opposite end gently assisting with it coming out, moving the steps further down towards the winding handle end (try a bit and then move the steps and try a bit more with the handle with the other person helping the feed it out))
once you do get it wound out, wind it out fully and put the legs down and then lubricate all of the joints and spray WD40/similar into each end of the cassette where the cog mechanisms are.
I had this on mine when I first bought my MH and occasionally have it when winding in - if I don't wind it out fully, the opposite end to the handle doesn't always fully close into the cassette box.
It's probably muck/grime - or, it could need the arm tensions adjusting like what has been said earlier.
If you google Thule Omnistor, they give a list of authorised dealers and repairers who have supposedly been trained, but make sure you select one which knows about awnings as some Thule dealers may just be used to selling roof rack boxes.
Rose Awnings are very good and John usually exhibits at shows, so if you can wait until he's next at a show, or if you're visiting Poole, I can recommend him, but most good motorhome dealers should be able to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours sticks a bit if not used for a while, I wind back in to take some tension and then quickly back out to try to make it drop out which it sometimes does, if that fails I just wind out a little bit and then poke the casing giving it a wobble and out it comes.

Martin

OP
OP
D

d4dogs

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
re sticking awning thanks for all your help i have managed to win it out and will give it a good lubricating and try again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back