Omnistor/Fiamma awning advice please (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our van already had an Omnistor 5002 awning fitted when we bought it. We bought some windblocker shades from Lillypad Leisure at Peterborough and they are fine apart from the fact that they don't connect to the canopy which can flap a bit when it gets breezy.

At Stratford we were impressed by the system Jaws has for his Fiamma awning using side bars which clip to the canopy. Having done some Googling I've found Link Removed, which I believe are what Jaws uses. The blurb says they can be used with the Omnistor 5002 but I wondered if Omnistor do anything similar (not been able to find anything).

Can anyone advise please?

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The Omnistor residence uses clamp on ends which are really strong. Most probably overkill for sunblockers though.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
ive been hunting some out since seeing the jaws set up too

all i can find is the side clamp profiles which come as part of a safari room - but haven't found the profiles on their own...yet

Link Removed

page 44 items 30 and 31 - £119.03 each :Eeek:
and support poles are £110 each plus £7 for the side profile that goes on the uprights - £470

against £210 ish for the fiamma ones

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
awning poles

hi, you can buy the proper round awning poles which work a treat with the wind blockers

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thats what we used before Sue and your right.. They were a LOT better than the ones supplied, but no where near as good as using the sides from a safari room.. They add stiffness to the canopy and have the grooves so the nets ( suitably modified as Mo did ) just slide in the grooves

Even in really big winds our canopy only moves a little.. ( But like all awnings in high winds it is still bloody noisy !! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back