Omnistor 8000 issue (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Awning bracket. Bit blowy here and the canopy is flapping. I have two levers, one towards the inside of leading edge that are meant to lock the angled section to prevent the awning moving inwards. Once locked you can then wind in the canopy a tad to make the canopy taut - no flapping.
When you turn the lever it has a red dot showing it is in the locked position.
It doesn’t work, no lock at all. Anybody else have the same issue and what’s the solution? (apart from winding it all in again when windy that is!).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Likewise I was not convinced that ours worked but then though "well maybe you don't have this function with the motor for fear of breaking something" I just watched the video and they have the motor so blows out that theory, then I thought "oh I have been doing it wrong as I have been turning the lock down to show the red spot when locked and on the video it was the other way as it came out of the box with the red spot showing and the lock lever down" went out to the van to try it and in the position that the video shows as unlocked the awning will not go right back into the box as the levers pointing down foul the box.

Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 16.34.38.png

These instructions seem to contradict the video?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
You are right - at 1:30 he turns the lever up to lock and at 2:14 he also turns the lever up to unlock :unsure:

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Likewise I was not convinced that ours worked but then though "well maybe you don't have this function with the motor for fear of breaking something" I just watched the video and they have the motor so blows out that theory, then I thought "oh I have been doing it wrong as I have been turning the lock down to show the red spot when locked and on the video it was the other way as it came out of the box with the red spot showing and the lock lever down" went out to the van to try it and in the position that the video shows as unlocked the awning will not go right back into the box as the levers pointing down foul the box.

View attachment 528146

Yes there is a conflict between the video, the printed instruction and what seems to be correct on the actual lever. But with either option it doesn’t work -is that your view?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes there is a conflict between the video, the printed instruction and what seems to be correct on the actual lever. But with either option it doesn’t work -is that your view?
Yes

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Apparently they wear easily and then do not tension correctly.
Part 25 is a replacement if that is the problem - roseawnings.co.uk
I presume the price shown is for a pair?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I always thought the electric ones were self supporting and didn't have legs & they automatically retracted in high winds.
I don't see the point of the electric motor if you still have to put the legs down.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Apparently they wear easily and then do not tension correctly.
Part 25 is a replacement if that is the problem - roseawnings.co.uk
I presume the price shown is for a pair?

Thanks but ours has never worked from new which is why I thought it might not be supposed to.

I always thought the electric ones were self supporting and didn't have legs & they automatically retracted in high winds.
I don't see the point of the electric motor if you still have to put the legs down.
I think that is just the Dometic ones, the motor just saves you having to wind the handle and to be fair it would need to be a long handle on our van;)

OP
OP
pandas
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005

View attachment 528146

Some progress; spoke to rose awnings, very helpful.
1.The fabric should wound all the way out.
2. There should be a screw head to the left of the left hand lever - to the right of the right hand lever.
3. this screw head will be the locator point for when you turn the lever down to lock it.
4. if it doesn’t quite reach you may need to push by hand the angled arm so it does
5. When it’s locked wind back the fabric until taut.
Hope this works, I haven’t tried yet but report back when I do.
And yes the bedroom is wrong, to lock the red button should show
Just tied and it works a treat! No flapping sides!!!!!
Just feel a bit of a fwhit for not thinking it through before now.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some progress; spoke to rose awnings, very helpful.
1.The fabric should wound all the way out.
2. There should be a screw head to the left of the left hand lever - to the right of the right hand lever.
3. this screw head will be the locator point for when you turn the lever down to lock it.
4. if it doesn’t quite reach you may need to push by hand the angled arm so it does
5. When it’s locked wind back the fabric until taut.
Hope this works, I haven’t tried yet but report back when I do.
And yes the bedroom is wrong, to lock the red button should show
Thanks for the feedback, makes sense as I very rarely if ever wind it right out, for bedroom I assume video 😏

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back