Omnister Material Replacement (1 Viewer)

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
We have a rather aged Omnistor Awning. It works perfectly well, but the material isn't looking the best, and it's brown.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the material on theirs. If so, where did you get the material from, and how easy was it to change?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we a brand new Thule Omnistore awning fitted last year, when first opened it had a fault, Rose Awnings who supplied it got a new canvas and replaced it in about 1/2 hour, so yes it can be done, but they did remove the whole thing from the MH to do it which in itself is quite a task, minimum 2 man and decent ladders

I can't advise on costs, but would suggest ringing Rose Awnings in Poole for advice, to ordert he canvas or maybe to let them do it depending on what it costs (y)

https://www.roseawnings.co.uk/

John Rose and his son Dan, great knowledge and very helpful :)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We got our 2002 fabric replaced a couple of years ago by Omnistor themselves in Belgium, we were on our way back from Sweden, cost us just under £300.00 for 6 metre awning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Craigderby

Craigderby

Free Member
Nov 1, 2016
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks for the replies folks. Not sure I'll be passing Poole or Belgium in the near future though ;)
I'll see if Rose Awnings will give me a bit of info on the procedure to change it. I'm sure it can't be too difficult.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back