KevinPowell

Free Member
Jul 1, 2020
swindon
Funster No
MH
Auto trail apache se
Exp
Hi I have just bought myself a Auto trail Apache se 2007 , On buying it the seller said the omni-step was stuck out and it was a little fix to sort it, well after changing the EM50 box behind the drivers set this still did not work ,then I took a look under the step and released the arm from the motor that attaches to the step and the motor worked but only one way, has this got a retractable relay hidden some where as I have looked everywhere and can't find a thing, or am I looking for the wrong thing ?
please help

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
I had problems with my Auto Trail step where it would not retract and it turned out it was the micro switch which got dirty and especially when we travelled through rainy weather, hope this helps.
Whiskeymac

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Ours gets finicky sometimes.
only moves half way out, with a gentle pull it comes out.
sometimes takes 2 presses of the switch for it to do something.
Could also be a fuse blown.
give it a squirt of silicon spray on both sides.
Don’t use oil or spray grease as it will attract even more dirt.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The motor is reversible. When you apply the opposite polarity it should rotate in the opposite direction. The operating switch is a specially configured 'double pole double throw centre off' switch that sends the required polarity to the motor.

Additionally there maybe limit switches, an alarm, and possibly a relay to automatically retract the step if the engine is running

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Have you got two threads running on this? ?
I reckon your issue is the main switch or associated wiring to the motor.. Easily checked by locating two wires that run to the motor..one for opening and one closing..you could apply power to them independently and see if the motor works...
Suggestions in the other thread about the micro switch on the step are not going to stop the normal step switching...just the auto retract function..
I'm sure if you google omni step you will get a good wiring dig....
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back