Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hi folks... I've just blown the fuse to the step on my Knaus Sky I - A class... on a Fiat chassis (2015)

I was faffing with a sticky door switch and managed to short it...

I even thought I heard the fuse blow... so assumed it to be not far away.... inside the Moho... but I'm b*ggered if I know where to find it...

I believe Step is on a perm live... So I looked under rear bench seat first where there is a connector block... but no fuse/s... that looked suss..

Checked all fuses on EBL under passenger seat... tho guessed it wouldn't be on there anyway...

Pulled all fuses I could find under driver seat... no joy...

Pulled other rear seat out where ignition step relay hides - no fuse nearby...

Any Ideas.... i.e is it likely to be on the Fiat fuse block to right of steering wheel...

John

Edit:... think it's same circuit as TV... I'll check tv fuse....

No its not... i'm talkng rubbish... I caught tv plug whilst faffing ... tut!...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Checked all fuses on EBL under passenger seat... tho guessed it wouldn't be on there anyway...

Which EBL is it? I have an EBL101.

The step fuse is marked 'Grundlicht/Trettstute'. It is a Polyfuse self-resetting fuse. It protects the step and step light circuits.

It should reset itself after a short period, when it cools down. If not, it could have failed. Try pulling out the Polyfuse and replacing it with a 10A standard fuse, just to see if that gets the step working again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Which EBL is it? I have an EBL101.

The step fuse is marked 'Grundlicht/Trettstute'. It is a Polyfuse self-resetting fuse. It protects the step and step light circuits.

It should reset itself after a short period, when it cools down. If not, it could have failed. Try pulling out the Polyfuse and replacing it with a 10A standard fuse, just to see if that gets the step working again.

@autorouter ...

I have the EBL 251 ...
I looked for those "words" and went straight to a blown standard 20A fuse..
:dance:

Don't know how I missed it first time.. :doh:
John T

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back