Olympus Pen (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I thought you were flogging old pens collected from the defunct Greek airline Olympus.
Oh well back to e bay to complete my airline pen collection

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got an Olympus OM-D M10 which will be more like what you have now but smaller. It works well but isn't brilliant for video if that's an issue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had about £10k worth of Canon gear collected over many years. I sold it all a couple of years ago and went down the Oly, Micro Four Thirds route. Initially regretted it but then the EM1 mark ii came out. I love it, much smaller than the DSLR and once you know the shortcomings you can get round them easy enough. The pro lenses are top quality, a joy and so small compared to the full frame equivalents. I have the The Pen F as well which is tiny but takes all the lenses in my growing collection

I've told my kids.... When I pop my clogs, please don’t let Mum sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.:)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Echo Jim, I have Olympus EPL-5 and EM1. Almost full SLR quality but fraction of the weight. Love them.

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
The Olympus Pen in all its varients is a superb camera, though I struggle without a viewfinder on mine.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
What about the Fuji x series? I have had a Fuji XT1, Xpro1, both of which were excellent, as well as an Oly OMD EM1. Although the Oly was nice, I found its small sensor couldn’t compete with the XT1 on image quality ( although it was close) and it has a rather complicated menu system. I am sure later versions are better, but they still have that small sensor.
If you can afford it, the Fuji XT2 gets excellent reviews.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I have four digital Olympus cameras (ought to reduce that). The little Pens are very compact and pocketable (no excuse for not having a camera with you) but a modern phone might be a better solution for portability. Mid range lenses and Pro range are excellent. Just try to avoid drifting towards the OMD EM1 Mk2 with Pro zoom lenses if you want to stay small. EM10 may be a good (affordable) compromise.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ihave the OMD E-M1 Mkii . I bought the PEN F as a small camera to have with me at all times. (Also when photographing rugby as an extra body fitted with a wide or standard lens.) But as an ever-ready everyday camera the PEN F rarely gets taken out, I just find myself using the phone more and more. Thinking now about how little I use it, I must dig the box out for the PEN and get it on ebay.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I thought you were flogging old pens collected from the defunct Greek airline Olympus.
Oh well back to e bay to complete my airline pen collection
I thought they were showing off!:RollEyes: Get rid of the camera and just sketch a picture instead!:doh:

May 5, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
What about the Fuji x series? I have had a Fuji XT1, Xpro1, both of which were excellent, as well as an Oly OMD EM1. Although the Oly was nice, I found its small sensor couldn’t compete with the XT1 on image quality ( although it was close) and it has a rather complicated menu system. I am sure later versions are better, but they still have that small sensor.
If you can afford it, the Fuji XT2 gets excellent reviews.

I went from shooting Canon to Fujifilm 5 years ago and have never looked back.
An excellent time to acquire an XT2 at a bargain price with the new XT3 only weeks away. Fujifilm refurbished site is a great place to look and get bargains.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back