Ollie or Stan (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
Ollie or Stan – Another Fine Mess!

Thought I’d fill the water tank today and get everything turned on to see if it all worked after the freeze a couple of weeks ago. So quarter filled the water tank, turned electricity on and started the water pump then turned on taps.

Everything going well – air getting expelled from pipes, lots of gurgles, nothing coming through then heard the sound of water splashing. The connection under the sink had come out and water was pouring into the under-sink cupboard. Very awkward to get to but managed to connect again after getting soaked (and yes I did turn the pump off but residue water was still coming through).

Mopped up the mess and then went to try again. Pump on, taps open then ‘pop’ the tap spout flew off and water squirted right into my face. Soaked again!
Felt like I was acting out a scene from a L&H film. But was I Ollie or Stan? I think Ollie as he was the one who was always getting into 'another fine mess'.
Anyway I had a good laugh which to be honest I felt I needed.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I wouldn't have laughed, honest :LOL:.
My stan and ollie moment was a few years ago when I needed to pull the cooker out of its space on the m/h, I had one hand on the back of the cooker and one hand on the oven handle, between the two I started tugging and pulling until there was a loud bang, I was left standing with just the oven door handle in my hand and a glass oven door shattered all over the place, now that was a fine mess i tell you :oops:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
:LOL:

I can visualise that very easily as a couple of years ago I emptied the cupboard under my sink and drained the filthy waste pipe blockage and the undrained greasy washing up water into a bucket which I then immediately lifted out and emptied into the sink.
How we laughed.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan

I can visualise that very easily as a couple of years ago I emptied the cupboard under my sink and drained the filthy waste pipe blockage and the undrained greasy washing up water into a bucket which I then immediately lifted out and emptied into the sink.
How we laughed.
I've done that!!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I wouldn't have laughed, honest :LOL:.
My stan and ollie moment was a few years ago when I needed to pull the cooker out of its space on the m/h, I had one hand on the back of the cooker and one hand on the oven handle, between the two I started tugging and pulling until there was a loud bang, I was left standing with just the oven door handle in my hand and a glass oven door shattered all over the place, now that was a fine mess i tell you :oops:
Shattered your dreams of becoming a gas fitter😂

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Sounds like you've still had water in the pipes when the freeze arrived. Did you open the taps with the pump off when you were draining things down?

My funniest one was we had just bought a new to us motorhome,
I went to fill her with water & within a few mins there was water pouring out from underneath the van.
I thought that the tank must be full to the overflow, so I carried on to help flush out the tank. Went into the van to run the taps & there was a couple of inches of water on the floor.
Turned out that the main filler pipe was ruptured behind the furniture.
Took ages to dry the van out, but there was no lasting damage.
We'd bought the van privately, but I was furious with the previous owner & it was a good job he lived in Essex or I'd have pulled his arms off & hit him with the soggy ends.
All he had to do was tell me about the problem & I would happily have put it right before using the motorhome!

I did feel like a total numpty though!

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
My brother lifted up a sewage cover (wooden sheet) in our newly built garage when we were kids as the drains were blocked, unfortunately he then proceeded to walk forward with said cover. Yes you guessed it plop. Very nasty he had to strip outside whilst my dad hosed him down. He stunk.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984

How we laughed.
I think we have all done that, I have done it in a customer's house. 😱 Embarrassing 🥺🥺

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
My, more Basil Faulty than Stan and Ollie, moment. I was working on a combi boiler and needed to shut off the cold water inlet, I looked under the boiler and was pleased to see a ballofix valve on the water, I shut it off and opened the hot tap to drain the system and started to remove the plate to plate, water began leaking all over me and the customer's floor. I had the Basil moment when I thought "you can't leak I shut you off" ............. But! some idiot had fitted the valve on the hot water out instead of the cold water in. Oops🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back