Old style (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Seen a post by Jim that said you could go back to the old style but now can't find it , how do you get to it.
Thanks

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was thinking it was just me. I await with baited breath.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes and me only found it by doing a new search last night, thought it had all gone down, I find this to full on but suppose we will have to get used to it:(

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Try Broken Link Removed

The layout is more like the old forum although stylistically it looks like the new one.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:oops::)Think it has been changed more for necessity than the sake of it, yesterday I fiddled around with it off and on, by looking at different things and I am now getting the feel of it, yes it's different but as Jim says there is a lot of tweaks to do, I did like the old smileys but the new ones are being tweaked, guess it's a matter of getting the old brain cells working.

Anything to keep mine going is good.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It seems that (likes) on posts don`t seem to show who sent a like, just some people liked it.
I like to know who agrees with me :LOL:
EDIT- fixed now , someones pushing buttons some where:D

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I'm not a fan at the moment. With the old one I could see all the latest posts in the 3 sections on one page.
Now there are a lot more sections & it seems I have to go to each one to see if there's anything new, or is there an easy way?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
That's better, a new tab has appeared at the top right (Latest Posts) looks more like the old site. Brill.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It seems that (likes) on posts don`t seem to show who sent a like, just some people liked it.
know-one is pushing me anywhere joner8888 :D

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:)

If you look at the top were it says ALERTS the likes show up in there.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
We imported the likes from the previous system. To make the process quicker we didn't build the likes index during import. What this means is that the like will show as just a number until someone else likes that post. At which point that posts likes will be indexed and the names will then show. For new likes the name will show immediately.

I'm not a fan at the moment. With the old one I could see all the latest posts in the 3 sections on one page.
Now there are a lot more sections & it seems I have to go to each one to see if there's anything new, or is there an easy way?

There is now two ways to view old posts.
  1. Click on "Latest Posts" on the main menu. This will show the latest posts in sections very similar to the old forum.
  2. Hover over the forum menu and when the drop down appears click on "New Posts" this will show all posts in date order since you last visited.
Please note that if you are already in the forums area then the drop down is expanded already and you will see the option on the second menu directly below the top one.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can we have /alter the size of the print ? ie on quotes etc so that it shows up all the same size ? I know you will say buy glasses but I never needed them on the old style page ---in fact set the whole site back as it was I hate change :D:Dneither do I like these new smilies :D
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Spoil sport :D can I alter the print size some where please //I can see I can alter my print size but would this alter the print size off yourselves ?
terry

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
:cry: I'm finding this such a change from the old set-up as well......oh dear, I'll go and watch Andy Murray instead.....really struggling:rolleyes:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Spoil sport :D can I alter the print size some where please //I can see I can alter my print size but would this alter the print size off yourselves ?
terry
I found the same but altered the zoom on my page settings (top right) to 125 % now i can see(y)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Just back from a few days in the web wilderness, clicked on my logon link & :eek:

I've found my way back now :)

ooh.............. o_O

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
terry

You can alter the font size (zoom) in your browser. This will scale everything up for you. You could always go to specsavers though :p:LOL::LOL: Changing individual section sizes at our end is not really a good solution as the overall layout is designed to be optimal for everything from small phones to large hi-res tablets. Changing individual section font sizes may have unintended consequences for other users on other devices. I can't see us altering it in the foreseeable as we would have to run many many tests.

:cry: I'm finding this such a change from the old set-up as well......oh dear, I'll go and watch Andy Murray instead.....really struggling:rolleyes:
@MHVirgins What are you struggling with please? If you can give me some examples I may be able to advise or fix (if necessary)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Need a little help myself...
How can you edit your profile ? I see update status or similar but cannot suss out how to alter anything
As a by the by
And we REALLY need a thanks button as well as a like one
This is an example of why.
In the thread re the Phils tragedy I was thanking those who posted their condolences
I really cannot LIKE the posts as it is just suitable

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Can we have /alter the size of the print ? ie on quotes etc so that it shows up all the same size ? I know you will say buy glasses but I never needed them on the old style page ---in fact set the whole site back as it was I hate change :D:Dneither do I like these new smilies :D
terry

Terry try Control + on your keyboard to make print larger ie. zoom Control + = bigger Control - = Smaller.FUN!!! FUN!!! FUN!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back