Old or new, buy local or anroaf (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2020
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer B514
Exp
6 months in a 10m Southwind in the USA (2014). Just bought a Hymer and embarking on a tour of Spain
I’m looking at a variety of motorhomes from about 15,000-25,000€, from 1999 to 2007.

I know it’ll take a few knocks and will wild camp as much as I can which means rough tracks, so I’m sort of leaning towards the older cheaper stuff. However newer equals better motor, longer lasting, easier ITV (MOT) and lower maintenance.
From the vast experience here can you give me any tips on which to way to lean?

Also they do seem to be a lot more expensive in Spain (an owner commented yesterday that prices seem to have rocketed the last couple of years). Has anyone shopped around and had success in other countries (eg I heard Germany could be a good bet, plus they seem to be cheaper in the UK, with plenty of LHD models to choose from). I know I’d have to buy newer and pay import tax, sort ITV, etc, I’ll check that with my local gestor. Any tips welcome.

thank you

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought both our last 2 Van's from abroad,Germany and France.Saved a shed load of money & easier than you think. Try this place...MOBILE.DE.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back