Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good afternoon

Does anyone know, if I park in the Old Man of Storr car park on the A855 on Skye, aprox how far is it to walk to get to the Old man mountain range. I would like to see it and take some photos, (tick it off my list) wife doesn't think she will be able to do the walk so will have to leave her in the van.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
All depends what time of year and day for parking , very popular . A large free ( when I last visited ) parking area but can get full very quick so early bird needed , or arrive late long summer evening and enjoy with less people even coaches . A bit of a slog and steep walk but well worth it . Unfortunately can't remember length time of walk ? But who cares make time especially with the comforts of a mh to come back to . Oh how good Skye is with the amount of visitors it can absorb but it still feels desolate .

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Never been, but on OS maps this may help, its about 1.5 miles but looks fairly steep.
Capture.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
If all goes to plan we are exploring Kintyre last week of April then Skye area for 1st week May.
Mile and a half uphill is doable, coming back down will be great, so let's wait and see, bet it will be as foggy as hell now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back